Game Master

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: 0Games

0Games
4 years ago#1
I JUST got to Day 7 on Week 1 and was just facing the Game Master. At first I thought I would lose, but then he was using weak attacks and damaged me less than the first Noise you ever fight, and I was actually making good progress on damaging him. Then he used some sort of flash attack and batted Neku out of the way while I was spamming Shiki's attack button, health got low, and eventually, I lost. HOW DO I BEAT THIS GUY???? This is a lot harder than I thought in the first minute of the fight!
I am hopeful. I am brave. I am smart. I am a programmer.
http://www.nintendolife.com/users/slayer

User Info: hors_doeuvres

hors_doeuvres
4 years ago#2
Just dash around with Neku and keep attacking or blocking with Shiki when he does that lightning orb attack thingy.
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"

0Games
4 years ago#3
hors_doeuvres posted...
Just dash around with Neku and keep attacking or blocking with Shiki when he does that lightning orb attack thingy.

Yeah... problem...
See, I equipped Pyrokinesis for defeating the Game Master. When he turns into the purple bat form, and does the lightning attack, I try to move but Neku uses the pin instead. It's hard to move when the game thinks you're trying to use Pyrokinesis.

User Info: KetsuekiBara

KetsuekiBara
4 years ago#4
0Games posted...
hors_doeuvres posted...

Yeah... problem...
See, I equipped Pyrokinesis for defeating the Game Master. When he turns into the purple bat form, and does the lightning attack, I try to move but Neku uses the pin instead. It's hard to move when the game thinks you're trying to use Pyrokinesis.

When you're in your deck menu, it should give you the option to set pins to a sub-slot by pressing L or R (I think). Then when you're in battle, you'll only be able to use that pin while holding L. This also helps if you have multiple pins that have the same activation.

0Games
4 years ago#5
KetsuekiBara posted...
0Games posted...
hors_doeuvres posted...

Yeah... problem...

When you're in your deck menu, it should give you the option to set pins to a sub-slot by pressing L or R (I think). Then when you're in battle, you'll only be able to use that pin while holding L. This also helps if you have multiple pins that have the same activation.

Thanks for the tip. Good thing I saved in the area before the Game Master after I erased the Reaper with the hawk abilities.

0Games
4 years ago#6
Gah! This Game Master is tough, why can't I beat him after endless fighting? No, wait.
HOW DO I MOVE WITH SHIKI?
Can Shiki ONLY attack? She's been holding Neku back and getting hit EVERY TIME! Should I leave her on auto and focus on Neku, or use them both? Point being, Neku isn't the one getting hit, it's Shiki, attacking the GM on the top screen and getting hit.Then Shiki gets hit again and again and eventually causing me to lose again. I've been fighting the Game Master for countless attempts...

User Info: hors_doeuvres

hors_doeuvres
4 years ago#7
Did you by any chance set the difficulty to Easy? If not, then you should. You'd want to beat all enemies on all difficulties for completion purposes anyway.
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"

User Info: deadjohndoe

deadjohndoe
4 years ago#8
0Games posted...
Gah! This Game Master is tough, why can't I beat him after endless fighting? No, wait.
HOW DO I MOVE WITH SHIKI?
Can Shiki ONLY attack? She's been holding Neku back and getting hit EVERY TIME! Should I leave her on auto and focus on Neku, or use them both? Point being, Neku isn't the one getting hit, it's Shiki, attacking the GM on the top screen and getting hit.Then Shiki gets hit again and again and eventually causing me to lose again. I've been fighting the Game Master for countless attempts...

Shiki can pretty much do three things: attack, jump, and block. If Shiki is the one taking more damage, then pay more attention to her. Even though she can't move, there are ways to avoid damage. First, there's the obvious one, you can press down to block. Blocking is very helpful, but it can be tricky to get used to. Second, Shiki becomes temporarily invulnerable when she finishes a ground combo (the uppercut move).

If that's not working for you. Try pumping up her defense a bit.

My first time fighting the GM, I pretty much just spammed left with Shiki and used fast attacking pins with Neku. Remember, the more you pass the puck, the more damage you're going to do. Often times in this game, a good offense trumps defense.
"Are you crazy? I can't swallow that!"
"Well then, good news. It's a suppository!"

User Info: LordGolstar

LordGolstar
4 years ago#9
Against Higashizawa, your best bet is an offensive set. Before the battle, be sure to set D+B as the most popular brand in the subway. After that, eat something to get sync, and then start the battle.
Clothes: buff Shiki's attack as much as you can, and raise Neku's defense if possible.
Pins: Bring pins 001 (ice blow) and 268 (cure drink)
During the battle: Higashizawa has some attacks. Most of them are predictable because he shouts a sentence before doing the attack.

"Time for a taste test": Higashizawa absorbs your psych. Anything you do while he's doing it will be futile. Be careful not to use you healing pin while he does it, because you will consume a use without actually healing.

"I will char your bones black!": After a brief delay, he starts throwing light blue balls at you. At this moment, don't attack, just block attacks with Shiki (down pad) and dodge with Neku.

When you've damaged him enough, he will briefly become invulnerable and say "We've pre-heated long enough". After this, he can also punch you.
If he laughs, he will punch you in the upper screen.
If he says "I'll pound you", he will smash the center of the touch screen.
If he says "I'll mince you" he will attack the side of the battlefield you're on (in the touch screen).
He will also use his previous attacks ("Time for a taste test" and "I will char your bones black" at random).

Be sure to dodge every attack as it comes, and retaliate after a successful dodge or block.

Good luck!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived