Any way to delete files?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: AF27

AF27
8 years ago#1
I'm selling the game so I need to know if I can delete files.
"Y'know, there's three ways not to be stupid. 1. Stay in school. 2. Stay in school. 3. Don't forget 1 and 2."
- Sonic the Hedgehog

User Info: Psionic_Wookie

Psionic_Wookie
8 years ago#2
i do not believe so, no. but, i could be wrong.

but...why are you selling it? if nothing else, just keep it for the awesome music.
Observation: I am awesome.
Not changing my sig until Professor Layton 2 is confirmed/rejected. (1/18/2009)

User Info: AF27

AF27
8 years ago#3
I'm selling it because it wasn't really the type of game for me. But yeah, the music's great ;)
"Y'know, there's three ways not to be stupid. 1. Stay in school. 2. Stay in school. 3. Don't forget 1 and 2."
- Sonic the Hedgehog

User Info: Psionic_Wookie

Psionic_Wookie
8 years ago#4
there is a way to delete files, by saving over them. thats the only way i think there is.

*Optional Paragraph starts*
but, where are selling it? if ever sell games, its to a thrift store of something. i never sell to GameStop, and for obvious reasons. my brother went to there with 5 old(2004)PS2 games, and got 80 cents. not even enough for a Mountain Dew! it was outragous. but, thats just my hatred for GS.
*Optional Paragraph ends*
Observation: I am awesome.
Not changing my sig until Professor Layton 2 is confirmed/rejected. (1/18/2009)

User Info: TheGuidingLight

TheGuidingLight
8 years ago#5
To recap from the recent thread "is there a way to delete my save file? (sorry if this has been asked before)" and several other threads asking this ...

As Psionic_Wookie said, you can just start a 'new game' and save over the existing save slot(s)

For players who purchase a second hand game that has, say, all three save slots fill and you only want one slot to show, it is possible to delete a save slot by corrupting the save (this could be considered risky however and just overwriting the slot is better)
Professor Layton and the Curious Village DS Illustrated Walkthrough
http://professorlaytonwalkthrough.blogspot.com

User Info: Kudorigami

Kudorigami
8 years ago#6
Isn't there a way to corrupt your save? Like putting off your DS when saving?
-My name is an abbrevation of Kudo(Shinichi Kudo) and Origami(Name I use on other forums). Stupid name huh >_> Yakuza franchise is under appreciated!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived