custom music

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. custom music

User Info: doombringer1216

doombringer1216
7 years ago#1
ive put a bunch of songs in the custom music slot and i tried it none of them worked. so i thought maybe i have too many. i removed all of it except the joker and the thief by wolfmother. then went back in the game.....nothing. what am i doing wrong? can someone explain to me how to get custom music to work in the game.

User Info: texticles

texticles
7 years ago#2
Have you tried listening to them on the stereo in game?
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9558/jacksonh.gif

doombringer1216
7 years ago#3
yeah and it wouldnt play it gave me the default custom music that came with the game

User Info: aurora4729

aurora4729
7 years ago#4
Change to another station and then back to Custom.

doombringer1216
7 years ago#5
did it and nothing still....is their like a tutorial on how to get the custom music to work?

User Info: aurora4729

aurora4729
7 years ago#6
Where are you putting the tracks?
They need to be in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Custom Music"

doombringer1216
7 years ago#7
oh s**t i was putting them in the Progamfiles/electronic arts/sims 3....well you know the rest

thank you that worked

User Info: Angelus_2007

Angelus_2007
7 years ago#8

I haven't played with custom music, but in the options there is a place to see the in game music, and one of them is custom. You may need to check off boxes or something, I am not sure though, just a thought.

User Info: ranivus1

ranivus1
7 years ago#9
stupid game manual... specifically tells you to put it in the program files/sims3/custom music folder. i evn found the music in there :\

Thanks for the heads up guys

User Info: ranivus1

ranivus1
7 years ago#10
hmmm kind of sucks you cant divide the music up like in sims 2 AND you cant leave shortcuts in the folder like before :(

but i finally got it to work, and i have 1gb of music in the folder, works perfectly!

NOTE: the ingame player wont play any mp3 that is above 320kb... which blows.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. custom music

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived