How do I unlock the "Sim Lifespan" option?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. How do I unlock the "Sim Lifespan" option?

User Info: andyy1294

andyy1294
8 years ago#1

Hey, so in the options, I noticed under the Game Option tab, theres an option that lets you adjust how long your sims live. However, its greyed out so I can't change it. What do I have to do to be able to change it?

Thanks

User Info: eldonauran

eldonauran
8 years ago#2
Turn aging back on?

.... Just a guess. My aging is on and my option is not greyed out.
---
Unless otherwise stated, the above message is purely opinion. Arguing about it is pointless.

User Info: sin_spyder

sin_spyder
8 years ago#3
slide the bar under the lifespan title right to change it to a max. of 960 sims' days (epic) or as short as 50 days i think

andyy1294
8 years ago#4

Nvm, I solved the problem. Instead of pressing options in game, i pressed it in the main menu. In main menu, it doesnt let you change it. Ingame, it does. Thanks anyways.

andyy1294
8 years ago#5

Wait I have another question, If I turn aging off, and down the road, I want only 1 sim to age, can I buy a birthday cake? Do the cakes still work even though I turned aging off?

thanks

User Info: homer1111999

homer1111999
8 years ago#6
I believe you can.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE US GOVERNMENT: http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=HappyPINKBunny
(haha you looked)

User Info: angel0886

angel0886
8 years ago#7
Cakes only work once with aging off. To make them work again you have to turn aging back on for a sim day.
Currently playing: Wild ARMs 2 (PSN). | I'm a sarcastic woman by nature. Learn to live with it or leave me alone. | http://www.randomkittengenerator.com/

User Info: Fercio

Fercio
8 years ago#8
you can also use "testingcheatsenabled true" and shift-click your sim, one option will be to trigger age transition, and thus age your sim.
I say Epic you say Fail, Epic! Fail. Epic! Fail. Go Meat!
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. How do I unlock the "Sim Lifespan" option?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived