No game disc found error!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. No game disc found error!

User Info: Gemininoiser

Gemininoiser
4 years ago#1
I recently bought Sims 3 and the Pets expansion, but I'm having trouble with the Pets expansion.

Whenever I first put in the Pets expansion to play the game, before I even log into origin, the game will sometimes seem to start to load up, but will instead says some thing like " Do you wish to delete the application", other times nothing happens.

Whenever I try to load the game from Origin, I can get the launcher to show up, but when I click play I get the message "Disk Authentication Error" "No game disc found, please insert Sims 3 Pets game disc", or something like that.

It seems like my computer does not detect that Sims 3 Pets is inside, because there is almost no indication of it being inside, except that in the beginning the light on the CD/DVD drive flashes. Looking at the drive in My Computer show nothing.

When I first tried to install the Pets expansion pack I had trouble because the disc would do nothing, no auto run started up, and I couldn't get it to run manually.

Both Sims 3 and the expansion are hard copies.

I've tried restarting the computer.

My Os is Window XP btw.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Psn: gemininoiser BBCSEX: Carl, Jin, Platinum./ P4A: Yosuke, Naoto, Elizabeth /GGAC+: Ky, Robo-Ky. /AH3: Angelia /SCV: aPat

User Info: j mcdermid

j mcdermid
4 years ago#2
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/NoCD

Try this first.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. No game disc found error!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived