This game actually looks pretty cool.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. This game actually looks pretty cool.

User Info: YobTvoyuMaht

YobTvoyuMaht
10 years ago#11

LethalBurst posted...
There are the kiddies who will look at this game and dismiss it because it doesn't have the latest high end 3D graphics, but they are clueless,

Old enough to have played and enjoyed the Gold Box games, and I thought this was fairly crap, tbh. Horrible interface (why can't I run? Why doesn't clicking on a creature out of range bring me in range?), the same tired old classes, thoroughly unoriginal mechanics, looks, um, "inspired" by Geneforge/Avernum as well. Think I'll pass. Old school RPGs died out for a reason. This doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Ultima series.

User Info: gasolineonfire

gasolineonfire
10 years ago#12
YobTvoyuMaht posted...

Old enough to have played and enjoyed the Gold Box games, and I thought this was fairly crap, tbh. Horrible interface (why can't I run? Why doesn't clicking on a creature out of range bring me in range?), the same tired old classes, thoroughly unoriginal mechanics, looks, um, "inspired" by Geneforge/Avernum as well. Think I'll pass. Old school RPGs died out for a reason. This doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the Ultima series.

*Gasp*

User Info: Sealedforce

Sealedforce
10 years ago#13
Mr-hika is just a complete fool

like most people mowadays. only caring about graphics.

spoiled bastards. whatever, at least there ARE normal prople out here , who look after gameplay rather than being a idiot graphic whore

User Info: Sealedforce

Sealedforce
10 years ago#14
oh and (mr hika) let's take a look

at how "bad" this "crap" actually is...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/eschalonbooki/players.html?tag=stats;reviewcount

well EVERYONE says great. strange so you ARE just a complete idiot who knows nothing about good games , only about good (unimportant) graphics

User Info: LethalBurst

LethalBurst
10 years ago#15

YobTvoyuMaht posted...
Horrible interface (why can't I run? Why doesn't clicking on a creature out of range bring me in range?)

The game is turn based. Every move you make is a turn.

YobTvoyuMaht posted...
the same tired old classes

Any character can acquire and develop any skill, there are no classes.

YobTvoyuMaht posted...
Old school RPGs died out for a reason

The reason being people have become too simple minded, and action oriented to enjoy deep CRPGs.

User Info: astor47

astor47
9 years ago#16
I'm starting to love this game, i just got it today, very old-school feel.

User Info: jackal01

jackal01
9 years ago#17

hello all... downloading the demo now. When I looked at the screenshots, I immediately thought of Ultima Online (which I spent many an hour playing). Are they using the UO engine in this game?

Just curious.... thanks!!

1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. This game actually looks pretty cool.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived