First Two Quests in the Demo (Help)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. First Two Quests in the Demo (Help)

User Info: zmonkey

zmonkey
9 years ago#1
I was actually thinking of buying this game, but after a good start where I was ready to pull out my credit card, I ran into a huge problem: the first two quests are not do-able.

First of all, where is this guy who needs the potion on the Salted Coast? I went to the Salted Coast, killed every slime there, and saw no sick old man waiting for a potion. Where is he????

Secondly, the blacksmith in Aridell told me to go to his wine cellar in the abandoned town to get his mithril. I went there and there was nothing but two rooms and a torch. I saw more rooms in unreachable areas of the cellar, which obviously means there is another stairway down somewhere else in the town...but I can't find it. Any spoilers you guys could give me?

I actually pitched this game to friends and thought this would be a nice Ultima 7-esque throwback, but after these two pitifully described and implemented quests, I'm wondering if it's worth it. I want to love it, I really do...but this OLD man (I won't even dare say how old for fear of being laughed at) doesn't have the time to spend 3 hours walking around a tiny portion of the map hoping a quest NPC materializes.

Spoil me, please. If I get past this, chances are I'll buy the game.
N/A

User Info: ksanuk

ksanuk
9 years ago#2

Hi,

In the cellar move to the NE corner of the large room with the wine racks. There's a pressure plate there that opens a hidden door.

The sick guy is in a house on the far north west corner of the Salted Coast map.

Sanuk!

1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. First Two Quests in the Demo (Help)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived