Why do people like this game so much??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. Why do people like this game so much??

User Info: EnderX_19

EnderX_19
9 years ago#1
Hear me out first, I'm not here to just bash on the game. I played it, and I enjoy old school rpgs.

that said, why do people like this one so much? I couldn't get into it. I thought the character creator was enjoyable, until I got into the game and realized that maybe I did it all wrong. start of game, with 5 points in sword, and I have a 43% chance to hit? it annoyed me.
I didn't think much of the quests, or the enemies. if you are looking for old school fun, A much better game/series to try is Avernum. they just released Avernum V, and it's much better than this game.

imo of course.

SCREW classic literature.

User Info: KewlioMZX

KewlioMZX
9 years ago#2
Well, fans of roguelikes will definitely enjoy this game. It has a very simplistic isometric interface that's fun to play with, though it'd be better if you could play with the keyboard. It's true that the level-up system is kinda slow-moving...lots of EXP for little reward. But it's still a fun game, I find.

As for Avernum...not playing that. Way too many coincidental names and character relations compared to my own life...freaky @_x
Kewlio
Insanity is all I have to keep from going insane.
  1. Boards
  2. Eschalon: Book I
  3. Why do people like this game so much??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived