Slow Escape

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#1
Okay, first of all, WTF is a slow escape!? TN delayed the patch, just because of this useless ****, that I can't even seem to use (Don't even know what it's supposed to be.)
I've read you do something like hold Block while rotating the left stick, but all that does is....nothing. And why would there be something like that while we have holds??
<Insert random pointless signature here>

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#2
It lets you escape faster (attempt to anyway) if u mess with the D-pad .
(similar i guess to escaping being dizzy in old old games)
And since its now apparently stuck at a specific value u can't escape faster nor slower.
(i guess why they call it slow escape bug)

So people that never used that feature (my guess most of the players didn't).
now suddenly on few attacks escape faster (1 reason why some want it kept in game)
other moves now keep you stunned further guaranteeing longer unholdable combos.
(2nd reason i guess some like this kept in game)

My opinion - it should be fixed, why?

Messing with the D-pad or Mashing the buttons to escape faster is both good & bad
It allows you to avoid some combos at the risk of pressing the D-pad or a button 1 too many times, making you vulnerable and open for an incoming attack.

And if the game keeps adding more ways to avoid being countered with a Hold then
the whole point of DOA is lost and all you get is a plain old lame Tekken like game.
(aka almost every game with (attacks, grabs and blocks only) DOA is all about the 3 way system.

Solution? if you ask me the game doesn't need that, we got Holds why try escape while being semi stunned, hold is way better.
If anything we need to able to Hold at almost any situation, adding the CB feature is quite enough along with the game's air juggle for unholdable combos.
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown

User Info: DeeNinjaa

DeeNinjaa
4 years ago#3
Slow escape is when you mash buttons and the analog/dpad in order to make stuns go by faster. You'll know if you're slow escaping if the animation for your stun seems a bit choppy or fidgety.

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#4
Yep, I've just found it out, it's hard to notice without the move details on though, the frame rate makes it obvious.(Like, it goes down to -10, while it's -20 normally.)
It's still not too useful if you ask me though. You'll be wasting time with it if you choose to do it instead of holds, as nobody will give you enough time to recover, as long as they don't screw something up.
<Insert random pointless signature here>

User Info: GokuFX

GokuFX
4 years ago#5
BurningFlareX posted...
Yep, I've just found it out, it's hard to notice without the move details on though, the frame rate makes it obvious.(Like, it goes down to -10, while it's -20 normally.)
It's still not too useful if you ask me though. You'll be wasting time with it if you choose to do it instead of holds, as nobody will give you enough time to recover, as long as they don't screw something up.

You do realize that sit down stuns you cannot hold out of unless you SE out of them right? This is why many of us want the glitch to stay in and keep SE broken because it adds a depth to the game that actually rewards people going for the risk of specific stuns that would otherwise be 100% useless.

-20 to -10 is huge. Shaving off 10 frames means that you will SE out of the stun and block any follow up except a jab which you can SE out of and then fuzzy guard to avoid the high attack / throw attempt while also coming back up from crouch recovery in time to block any mid attack.

But by all means, hold out of stun (the ones you actually can hold out of without SE) and eat a hi counter throw instead of using SE to either completely brush of the stun and block or low the stun threshold so much that if you get launched you just ruined their max height juggle potential.

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
4 years ago#6
-20 to -10 is huge. Shaving off 10 frames means that you will SE out of the stun and block any follow up except a jab which you can SE out of and then fuzzy guard to avoid the high attack / throw attempt while also coming back up from crouch recovery in time to block any mid attack.

Actually, at -10, you can even block jabs.
Cherry blossoms and warriors...

User Info: GokuFX

GokuFX
4 years ago#7
Musourenka posted...

Actually, at -10, you can even block jabs.

Depends on how fast you SE and on what frame the jab lands on as well as if its a 10 frame jabber or a 9 frame jabber.

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
4 years ago#8
That too, but potentially, fastest SE in that case could block anything.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about this glitch from PS3 players. I wish 360 players were able to try this out.
Cherry blossoms and warriors...

User Info: grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman
4 years ago#9
1111qq posted...
And if the game keeps adding more ways to avoid being countered with a Hold then the whole point of DOA is lost and all you get is a plain old lame Tekken like game.

You are aware that the stagger escape has been around in DOA for just as long the ability to hold during a stun, right? Oh wait, I forgot "that's not DOA" so I must not have been playing DOA++, DOA2, DOA3, DOA4 or DOAD. My mistake! I'm sick of people who don't know a thing about DOA telling me what makes DOA.

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#10
I played since the very first DOA and all the titles in the series

So i have to say that i tried using "slow escape" mechanics on them
and i never seen the slightest difference.

I doubt if anyone can even see the difference
if they were to recover say 1-3 frames faster while playing the game.

And i still stick by what i said , DOA does not require "slow escape"
just better Hold timing (once again they can reduce Hold damage further for the cry babies)

For all i care they can to "compensate" for the "loss" of that mechanism
by reducing the stagger time (less frames) of moves that leave you stunned for over 10 frames (not including moves that just got a bad disadvantage like Zack Beam).

The only type of condition that I actually think should allow "slow escape" is a complete
stun and inability to use anything, Aka being "dizzy" or under status such as "Critical Burst"
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived