Slow Escape

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#21
How very "smart" of you to use the "I know you are, but what am i? and call me a troll.
Sadly when you argue with a label you end up getting that same label, since no one really cares who started an argument all they see is 2 of the same kind yelling at each other.

Funny when i played DOA3 i barley even block, i only used hold id succeed holding at around 90% vs CPU and other players.
Even on DOA4 i had a rather high rate, but with all the new stuff in DOA5 even just the chances of being able to hold (not even talking about succeeding) has been reduced a lot.

I would also like to point that all those i played with and against from DOA till DOA4,
non of them ever mentioned being able to SE or even talk about its existence at all.
I also never used SE on any DOA, why bother if u can stop you opponent from dishing out more damage by blocking and you can punish him with a hold instead.

I agree with burning, if anyone was to try out SE there would be more chance that after going out of stun, you'd end up doing an extra movement or hold by mistake which will leave you open for more punishment.
Only a CPU AI can truly only benefit from SE and will always shorten its stun time
while never make that mistake of an extra movement or hold, which is another reason not to have such mechanic in game.

If there was SE in DOA3 or other early titles, it sure was kept in the dark like some secret society. and i still think its rather not needed, and i want to be able to try counter as much as i was able in DOA3 in DOA5.

As for that Vid that's a very case specific setup in DOA5 there are lots of ways to dish out that amount of damage.

P.S don't expect more replies on what you'll post from now on, time for you to go entice someone else to "play games" with you.
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown

User Info: Musourenka

Musourenka
4 years ago#22
grap3fruitman posted...
You claim to hate combos that take 50% of your life for a mistake? One fatal mistake in DOA3 meant taking 75-100%! Don't believe me? Bayman misses a counter and loses his whole life bar here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTLRwvEUUmI&t=80s

Yikes. I wish Bass was that scary now. Is the back turned pick-up after the wall/cliff hit guaranteed?
Cherry blossoms and warriors...

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#23
In DOA5, Bass's Hi counter throws takes away %50 of your health alone with a combo throw. I think Tina and Lisa can also get damages like that with Hi counters.
Bayman's Expert holds also can get to something like that. His 214T OH can also get to about 55% if you manage to get a hi counter. Even Ryu can do about %40 damage with Hi counter Izuna.
Also, I haven't really played DOA3, so what was different there about holds? You can always get a hi counter throw against a hold...
<Insert random pointless signature here>

Musourenka
4 years ago#24
For the most part, DOA3's strongest throws were 7 frames, whereas in DOA4 and 5, they're 12 frames.

It's a lot easier to throw-punish on reaction to holds in DOA3 (and 2, for that matter).

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#25
@ BurningFlareX - Difference was mainly in 2 things
1. Holds did more damage which i prefer DOA5 where counters do less damage.
2. And what i want in DOA5 is the fact you could attempt to counter at any given point
while your char is free to perform a Hold (not already doing something,in air or lying of the floor).
I remember back then ppl hated that, since you could spam holds. (same as in DOA2)
but if someone does it just throw or if u prefer use a launcher right after they miss for a nice air combo.
Any normal player that knows how to play will be able to defeat any kind of spam players,
whether they spam strikes , throws or holds.
Only people that would ever lose to a hold spammer are 1 song record strike spammers.
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown

User Info: GokuFX

GokuFX
4 years ago#26
1111qq posted...
@ BurningFlareX - Difference was mainly in 2 things
1. Holds did more damage which i prefer DOA5 where counters do less damage.
2. And what i want in DOA5 is the fact you could attempt to counter at any given point
while your char is free to perform a Hold (not already doing something,in air or lying of the floor).
I remember back then ppl hated that, since you could spam holds. (same as in DOA2)
but if someone does it just throw or if u prefer use a launcher right after they miss for a nice air combo.
Any normal player that knows how to play will be able to defeat any kind of spam players,
whether they spam strikes , throws or holds.
Only people that would ever lose to a hold spammer are 1 song record strike spammers.

There were more unholdable setups in both DoA2 and DoA3/3.1 than in DoA5. You would know this if you graduated passed button mashing. But alas, you are just another ignorant player pretending to know what you are talking about, but in reality you don't know the first thing about any of DoA's mechanics.

User Info: grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman
4 years ago#27
Musourenka posted...
Yikes. I wish Bass was that scary now. Is the back turned pick-up after the wall/cliff hit guaranteed?

Yup. Some of the scariest situations in DOA3.1 are getting into a small space against Bass like in the Tao or ice cavern stages. Check the 25 and 50 second marks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvGotPDD9M

Musourenka
4 years ago#28
That's scary.

No wonder they call that part of the ice cave "The Corridor of Doom".

User Info: BurningFlareX

BurningFlareX
4 years ago#29
grap3fruitman posted...
Musourenka posted...

Yup. Some of the scariest situations in DOA3.1 are getting into a small space against Bass like in the Tao or ice cavern stages. Check the 25 and 50 second marks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvGotPDD9M

Ayane and Jann Lee...Cheapest Infinites EVER.
<Insert random pointless signature here>

User Info: grap3fruitman

grap3fruitman
4 years ago#30
BurningFlareX posted...
Ayane and Jann Lee...Cheapest Infinites EVER.

There's nothing cheap about them. Don't get caught in that one specific spot on that one specific stage by Jann Lee, Ayane or Hayate. If you do, you deserve the damage because you got out-played.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived