Hey guys, I own both 360 and PS3 (and love them both). Which version to get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5
  3. Hey guys, I own both 360 and PS3 (and love them both). Which version to get?

User Info: keldarironfist

keldarironfist
4 years ago#1
So I have no interest in flaming and any other nonsense. I always own every console each generation because I like exclusives and having choices for my multi platform titles. So I am looking to grab the gamestop collectors edition which I can still find new at some nearby gamestops for both versions.

I was wondering about which one to get. Typically I get fighters on ps3 because of the many control options available to that system via usb, unlike 360. However, the series has a large exclusive pedigree on the xbox platform in times past. Ultimately I would base this on which version has been seen to be technically better, any thoughts?

User Info: tee316

tee316
4 years ago#2
Xbox360, it has a bigger online community.
http://img.imgcake.com/Cheapone/ggpnghe.png

keldarironfist
4 years ago#3
Thanks for the reply :). I should mention I have let my gold membership lapse as I just don't feel like forking over money for a service ps3 gives me for free. However I would consider the xbox one if it were technically superior in some way, which is entirely possible given how many games were released exclusively for the prior xbox (albeit that was a different system/era).

User Info: 1111qq

1111qq
4 years ago#4
Now there is no preference from TeamNINJA to either consoles,
If you do not want to pay for Xbox live then get the PS version.
If you want a bigger community online then Xbox.
If neither of those things matter to you, go for the one with the controller your more used to.
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown

keldarironfist
4 years ago#5
Thanks guys, I decided to go with the ps3 one because apparently its also coming to the vita, which my buddy owns, and with psn you can do dlc/game sharing. Plus I like having the controller options and free online play. :).

User Info: istuffedsunny

istuffedsunny
4 years ago#6
Free online doesn't mean much if no one's playing online lol I had the PS3 version but got rid of it pretty quickly
I have a radio in my car.

User Info: sad_wolf776

sad_wolf776
4 years ago#7
I prefer the 360 version. I would actually say the PS community can be larger, but the better players are on 360, and that's a fact at this point.
Pokemon Black FC - 3482-1906-9768

User Info: Mellerker38

Mellerker38
4 years ago#8
Better get the PS3 version instead of xbox 360 because of the patch update.

User Info: tee316

tee316
4 years ago#9
Better get the PS3 version instead of xbox 360 because of the patch update.

What?
http://img.imgcake.com/Cheapone/miriajpgny.jpg

User Info: Mr_arizona

Mr_arizona
4 years ago#10
Do you have friends that play this game? Which consoles do they use? Go with that.

Most of my fun in games is who I play with not exactly the game or system it's on.
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5
  3. Hey guys, I own both 360 and PS3 (and love them both). Which version to get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived