The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

psv corrupted?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Baconator33

Baconator33
5 years ago#1
I've been attempting to transfer the save data i found on here but it tells me that the data is corrupted. My usb folders are set up like this PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PSV/BASLUS-216215361766533. is this correct? or is the data actually corrupt?

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
5 years ago#2
As far as I know, the correct destination path for this game is:

PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/NPUD21621

Baconator33
5 years ago#3
i tried doing that but the files in my backup are not psv files which leads me to believe that the psv formaf won't work for this game. i think i need the actual 4-5 files that are in there when you make a backup. two of them are vme files and another is an sfo file. any more info would be great.

User Info: aak57

aak57
5 years ago#4
The save data on gamefaqs isn't compatible with the PSN version. They are only compatible with the disc version, unfortunately. For whatever reason, Sony brilliantly decided to make PSN saves a VME file instead.
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/OtkHL.png
(message deleted)

Baconator33
5 years ago#6
then why would there even be a section dedicated to the psn version of the game for save data if it doesn't work?

User Info: aak57

aak57
5 years ago#7
It's not dedicated to the PSN version. Those are saves for the backwards compatible PS3s and their virtual memory cards. Gamefaqs really needs a separate section for PSN saves, assuming they aren't account-locked.
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/OtkHL.png

User Info: manofStele

manofStele
5 years ago#8
Super Slash posted...
As far as I know, the correct destination path for this game is:

PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/NPUD21621

Yep that's the directory I see on my USB backup. But as aak57 said, the two files are SCEVMC0.VME and SCEVMC1.VME, both 8mb each. Representing the two memory cards I guess?

User Info: Super Slash

Super Slash
5 years ago#9
I'm guessing it's either that or it represents seperate files, assuming you're talking about the save I've been sending out to everyone.

User Info: manofStele

manofStele
5 years ago#10
No, those are just the two files in my directory. And I have saves in 7 or 8 slots. So that's why I assume it represents a memory card. Also one of the messages when saving or loading is something like "checking memory card in slot 1". Although I've not seen an in-game reference to slot 2, there are definitely two files. Not sure exactly how that works.

I assume everyone playing on PSN has 16 available save slots? Was that the same number allowed on the PS2 version with 1 memory card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived