What is the easiest way to get more saint's ashes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. What is the easiest way to get more saint's ashes?

User Info: egervari3

egervari3
7 years ago#1
I notice that some items enemies drop them, but it's less than 1% (no thanks). Another enemy is 3-4%, but I don't have access to it yet.

Any easier way?

User Info: ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene
7 years ago#2
Here's a few methods

-DQVC sells them sometimes.
-buy them for 8 mini-medals, once the captain in Dourbridge opens his shop. (After you get the Dragon Robe)
-Grotto chests

Once you start fighting Legacy Bosses, you can get all the Saint's Ashes you want.
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***. -Gene, God Hand

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
7 years ago#3
blue chests or steal them from genie she...those floating furby monsters.
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.

User Info: Shenkomi

Shenkomi
7 years ago#4
I always steal them from Genie Sanguinies, which can be found on a small island to the south of Western Coffinwell (or north of Zere). They also carry prayer rings, though, but those can sell for quite a bit (1350 gold each, iirc) if you don't want to alchemize them.

Still, it's better than waiting for enemies to drop them, I guess. Just be prepared to attempt plenty of Half-Inches.

egervari3
7 years ago#5
How do I improve my steal rate? It seems like 10-20%.

I have all the +deftness stats, plus I am ranger. I also have lots of +deftness gear. I don't understand.

User Info: somethingsdont

somethingsdont
7 years ago#6
Steal rates are always going to be very poor for most of the rare drops, even with immense deftness. I think it caps out at x6 the drop rate. It helps to run everyone in your party through the thief tree to pick up Half-Inch. Makes it go a lot faster if you've got four attempts per turn.

egervari3
7 years ago#7
Actually, in this case, the steal rate is horrible. It's like 1% or something. :/

egervari3
7 years ago#8
Yeah, that's actually what I'm doing - with 4 characters.

I wish there was a way "repeat my last commands for my entire party" option. Selecting it over and over for all 4 characters is a pain.

User Info: EK711

EK711
7 years ago#9
Just get all party members half inching and cross your fingers. Like others have said, the drop rate of the item from a specific monster seems to influence your chances more than anything. A 1/256 drop rate is going to be a pain.

Just from my experience deftness does almost nothing for stealing... Anyone have a link or something to a reliable source that says deftness improves the rate of stealing? This deftness and stealing correlation bothers me...

User Info: MSN 04 Sazabi

MSN 04 Sazabi
7 years ago#10
Just from my experience deftness does almost nothing for stealing... Anyone have a link or something to a reliable source that says deftness improves the rate of stealing? This deftness and stealing correlation bothers me...

Here, terence is pretty reliable

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/55667688
Doreamon... who cares... if it has Mon at the end its just a Crapy ripoff of Pokemon (which sucks too) -PSOPOPO
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
  3. What is the easiest way to get more saint's ashes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived