Turn based?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Redwarz

Redwarz
9 years ago#1
Wiki says its turn based and it has a image with some turn based gameplay but, youtube videos say otherwise. I am more inclined to believe youtube but can anyone confirm one or the other?
Currently Playing: Pokemon Diamond, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Star Ocean 3
GT and Pokemon in Quote

User Info: emulord42

emulord42
9 years ago#2
according NP (i think, can't remember for sure) They originally announced that it would be a hack and slash, but that got such a negative reaction in Japan, that they changed it to classic turn-based.

User Info: jj984jj

jj984jj
9 years ago#3
Yeah, they went with the awesome turn-based system. ^_^

Hope Level 5 speeds up the battles so that it's much faster than DQVIII though.
Wii60 + PS2 (Atlus am Gods) + DS = Gaming Bliss
2K8 is such a great year for gamers. Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, Tales of Vesperia.

User Info: Redwarz

Redwarz
9 years ago#4
Can you still customize your character?
Currently Playing: Pokemon Diamond, Guitar Hero 3, Call of Duty 4, Star Ocean 3
GT and Pokemon in Quote

User Info: naqwix

naqwix
9 years ago#5
Sadly, yes. They are leaving the "barbie" aspect of the game in tact.

User Info: jj984jj

jj984jj
9 years ago#6
Yeah, damn Level 5 for making visible armor changes in DQIX and WKC, what do they think I am? A girl?
Wii60 + PS2 (Atlus am Gods) + DS = Gaming Bliss
2K8 is such a great year for gamers. Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Devil May Cry 4, Tales of Vesperia.

User Info: naqwix

naqwix
9 years ago#7
Don't have a problem with armor changes..my problem is with a system where you can spend hours customizing your facial structure, hair, and eyes...pointless in a single player game. It is time and dev money that could have been used elsewhere.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived