AvsP wasn't that bad...in fact it was awesome

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Aliens: Colonial Marines
  3. AvsP wasn't that bad...in fact it was awesome

User Info: jannedaarc1

jannedaarc1
4 years ago#41
Cpl_D_Hicks was pretty much right on the money with the 2010 AvP. I will not go as forcefully as he did with his hatred of the game but it just...lacked.

First off, Anderson was a genius with Event Horizon. When i critique a movie, I start by askign myself "what were they tryign to do in this movie?" Objectively a movie could be fairly weak. I would say objectively E.H. probably deserves around an 8. But when you consider what they were trying to do with the story, atmosphere, characters, etc. I must insist it receive a 10. I thought the black dude that brought the humor was a stupid, stupid role but the movie itself covered that up. And to be fair, his acting was completely spot on for what he was asked to do - it just that the character itself was dumb.

Next, as for the video game, I thought the story was insanely mediocre, the game controls were sloppy but serviceable, but more than anything they tried to do too much. The game....was doomed from the start in my opinion. They should have focused on one race for one game and then moved on. I dont know if that would have saved it but it surely would have helped.

Now, I have watched the PC AvP games played and the sequel is definitely better than the first but I do think those games were very good. Perfect? No. Very good? Yes.

In closing I'll just say that I went into the 2010 AvP wanting to -love- it. And I kept fighting to love it. But every minute I played I was more and more disappointed. And oh my god, can i just say what a PERFECT summation Cpl Hicks gave when he said (i'm paraphrasing):

"it was something for Lance Henrickson to jerk of to aliens"

User Info: IPHDTD

IPHDTD
4 years ago#42
I LOVE both franchises and can confirm that AvP was utter crap. Very disappointed with it.

User Info: Darlordvader

Darlordvader
4 years ago#43
playing AVP this very minute and i can see what you all mean. this game is ridiculous...controls are way too sloppy, there's even a delay between the time i squeeze the trigger on my controller and my gun fires.
XBL: Darlordvader
PSN: Darlordvader

User Info: Moose_Of_Woe

Moose_Of_Woe
4 years ago#44
Darlordvader posted...
playing AVP this very minute and i can see what you all mean. this game is ridiculous...controls are way too sloppy, there's even a delay between the time i squeeze the trigger on my controller and my gun fires.

The modern AvP also has terrible alien controls IMO. AVP 1 and 2 on PC worked just fine for me.

User Info: yutterh

yutterh
4 years ago#45
I fee if the game didn't have crap host migration it would have been mroe of a success. AVP 2 would have been even better with more refined controls and not such sticky movement.
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender
  1. Boards
  2. Aliens: Colonial Marines
  3. AvsP wasn't that bad...in fact it was awesome

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived