Best party setup

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Arbelesk

Arbelesk
7 years ago#1
I don`t know very much about good party setups so if anyone can suggest how i can make mine better it would be appreciated.

this is my party setup.

Luso lv 35 Seer / Parivir (with Magick Frenzy)
Addelle lv 38 Heritor / Fighter
Cid lv 39 Trickster / Gladiator (with Magic Sword and half Mp)
Penelo lv 40 Assasin / Sniper (with ultima smasher and half Mp)
Seeq lv 40 Viking / Ranger (with mirror items)
Viera lv35 Summoner / Red Mage (with doublecast)

I use MP channeling so Cid and Penelo can use Ultima each turn.

User Info: ShardZero

ShardZero
7 years ago#2
Luso lv 35 Seer / Parivir (with Magick Frenzy)
Addelle lv 38 Heritor / Fighter
Cid lv 39 Trickster / Gladiator (with Magic Sword and half Mp)
Penelo lv 40 Assasin / Sniper (with ultima smasher and half Mp)
Seeq lv 40 Viking / Ranger (with mirror items)
Viera lv35 Summoner / Red Mage (with doublecast)

If you're looking for maximum abuse with >Magick Frenzy, Seer as a main isn't the way to go: Books are not the best for dealing damage. A better way to go is to make Seer the secondary class and get ^Dual Wield (from Ragetsu-denbu:Ninja), then using a class that has one-handed edged weapons for you to get two physical hits in on each enemy you target with >Magick Frenzy. Parivir/Seer works better there, but Paladin/Seer has better weapons and armor. Alternatively, you could use Illusionist/Seer and use two Heretic Rods (or Bomb Arms, if your opponents absorb Dark-elem hits). Illusions hit every enemy character, so using Illusion Frenzy with ^Dual Wield gets three hits on every enemy character.

I'm not quite seeing the value of Heritor/Fighter. It's all right, but I don't know how you use her. Enlighten me?

Cid's good. >Ultima Sword in a Trickster's hands is very good, if kinda monotonous.

There are two very different ways to play an Assassin, depending on whether you wish to be a melee fighter and actually take advantage of the rest of the Assassin skills, or be ranged and primarily spam >Ultima Masher. I'm assuming from the Sniper back-up, you're using Penelo ranged. The thing is that with ^Halve MP and MP Channeling, there's not really a need for the Sniper skills, as powerful as they are, because you can use >Ultima Masher every turn. I'd suggest White Mage as support for >Refresh, which clears statuses that your male teammates can pick up that Orb of Minwu can't handle.

Seeq as Viking? A Seeq's Magick stats are generally pretty atrocious, >Tsunami is unusable half the time, and >Pillage doesn't have that great of a success rate of stealing armor and shields without Sleep or Petrify backup. A far more consistent way of dealing damage is the Ranger's Mirror X-Potions, which might require some Gil investment, but Gil isn't incredibly hard to come across. I'd say skip Viking and put Ranger with a Malbow as the main class. For a secondary, I'd suggest Items if you want to take advantage of Eureka Crystals and Grimoire Stones (also not hard to come by) or Lanista. Oh, and make sure to equip him with a Malbow, that will give him some range to work with.

Red Mage/Summoner is better than Summoner/Red Mage for a few reasons. Windsong Rapier has a Magick bonus, better Attack, and better HP being the main ones.

Also, I'm surprised you don't have a Juggler on your team. You can go without one, but >Smile Toss is quite an advantage coupled with a Juggler's high Speed. (You can also combine that with Moogle Knight's >Ultima Charge to have another excuse to see the blue nuke.)
Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate. ~Terry Pratchett

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
7 years ago#3
I usually take advantage of Vaan's sky pirate class. You should try using him sometime
Kaine: "Or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnace! How can someone with such a big, smart brain get hypnotized like a little *****? Huh?"

User Info: shashimii

shashimii
7 years ago#4
wow!
this really helped me alot.
thanks shardzero.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived