Question about cutscenes

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: darkgrave89

darkgrave89
3 years ago#1
I know that all the cast will be voiced in english in battle but what about during a cutscene?
In the japanese version there were some scenes that were fully voiced, will the english version have it or leave it with just text?

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#2
SC is pretty much like FC with the amount of voices, there actually aren't any voiced cutscenes even in Japanese. You're probably thinking of later games like Ao and Zero. I know Ao has voiced cutscenes, not so sure about Zero since I've not played any of that one myself.

User Info: Guruda

Guruda
3 years ago#3
Yeah, the first three games have no voiced cutscenes at all. From Zero onwards, they do but it's usually fairly limited even then; the original releases of Zero and Ao only have some lines in some scenes voiced, the rest is still text-only.

User Info: zinformant

zinformant
3 years ago#4
I await the day someone comes in here saying these are the best games ever and need a fandub. I'd so want to voice a particular character despite these sorts of things typically being awful.
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
No news now-

User Info: darkgrave89

darkgrave89
3 years ago#5
actually i replayed the SC again and there was some cutscenes that were voiced

When Estelle finally met Joshua for the first time and gave a speech to him

User Info: kern

kern
3 years ago#6
I don't remember that being voiced. Someone made a youtube video where they took the drama CD track and played it over the scene, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't voiced in the actual game.
2013 Cincinnati Bengals: 4-2 (Next game: @Detroit, 10/20)

User Info: randomweirdo

randomweirdo
3 years ago#7
Yeah,. I don't recall that being voiced either.

Unless it's possible that PSP added that, I played PC version.

User Info: lassics_shadow

lassics_shadow
3 years ago#8
randomweirdo posted...
Yeah,. I don't recall that being voiced either.

Unless it's possible that PSP added that, I played PC version.

I played the PSP version, and I don't remember it being voiced.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived