Rivals 350-352

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: A7thSteve

A7thSteve
8 years ago#1
I checked both the FAQ on this site and the online Japanese guide, and both said that Rivals 350-352 appear in Aso on the Friday of the 4th Week in clear weather (after defeating the last story rival, #324). I've checked for 3 last-fridays in a row and they've never appeared.

In case there are any other requirements for them to show up, I have all 40 prizes, 1370 fans, finished every advance and master race (including Kaido Champion), and defeated all other rivals besides #0 (who you MUST have defeated 350-352 to face). Did anyone ever find out the real requirements, or is there some kind of bug?

User Info: Skyline49

Skyline49
8 years ago#2
I believe that you need more fans, probably around 1500-2000. However, I do remember a specific thing that I had to do to get them to appear. Have you tried going to Aso during the day?

It is highly possible that it's a bug. I, for example, had trouble getting #239 [Legendary Schneider] to appear. However, after much persistence, he finally showed up without me doing anything else in between.
http://www.rotaryjunkie.com
~Home of the GT4 Budget Building Triathlon~

A7thSteve
8 years ago#3
Thanks for the quick reply! I've tried Aso during the day, but no luck. I'm going to try and get more fans and defeat some more Masters in the process.

I also had trouble with Legendary Schneider, as well as Ootsuka Demon (both were the final rivals of their respective short courses). I was making some corrections to the Rival Guide as I was playing and I wrote that Legendary Schneider only shows up on fridays, and then confirmed it with the Japanese guide page ( http://lod.zero-yen.com/kb3/ ).

User Info: Skyline49

Skyline49
8 years ago#4
I'll go adjust the FAQ, then.

The problem with making a guide for this is that you'd have to play through about 50 times to accurately know when every rival appears.
http://www.rotaryjunkie.com
~Home of the GT4 Budget Building Triathlon~

A7thSteve
8 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

A7thSteve
8 years ago#6
OK I checked around the internet and a Japanese board posted this: after defeating the emotional king (blackout) friday of week 4, a clear night in Aso, all 40 prizes, and 2100 fans. MAYBE you have to beat Ground Zero as well (whose requirement is probably 1500-1800 fans, at least he didn't show up before then for me).

I got 2100 fans and they finally showed up. I'll bet fans account for a lot more races than the game lets on. Now I can finally rest easy knowing I've completed the game hahaha.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived