Thinking about picking this up...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Orange Box
  3. Thinking about picking this up...

User Info: RPG_Crazy

RPG_Crazy
7 years ago#1
Hey, I just beat Half Life and loved it. Now I'm looking around to get Half Life 2 and this seems like the best deal. I've downloaded both the Half Life 2 and Portal demos off of Steam and they both ran fine, so I'm assuming I won't have any trouble running the full games. But before I go out and buy this, should I play Blue Shift and the other expansions to Half Life? Or is playing the original Half Life all I need to get the full story?

User Info: cjog

cjog
7 years ago#2

I played just half life and got half life 2 and didnt play the expansions so i dont think u need to

RPG_Crazy
7 years ago#3
Ok, I just bought this at best buy. I put in the CD, and registered the CD key code so why am I downloading the games from Steam instead of installing them from the disc? And why is "Half Life 2: The Lost Coast" and "Serious Sam HD: Second Encounters" on my list of games currently downloading? I'm confused.

RPG_Crazy
7 years ago#4
Ugh. Now whenever I exit ANY of the games included in this compilation it won't let me re-enter it. So if I play Portal, then exit and try to play Half Life 2 it says "Cannot run more than one session (or instance, I can't remember) of this game at once". I have no idea what its talking about because whenever I exit any of the games I simply hit the escape key and click on the exit option. What's wrong and how do I fix it? I'm playing this in offline mode if that makes a difference.
  1. Boards
  2. The Orange Box
  3. Thinking about picking this up...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived