Using a gamepad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. Using a gamepad

User Info: KeyBladeAce

KeyBladeAce
8 years ago#1
So how does it work? Is there an option to change the controller scheme to gamepad? And is a gampad like a PS2 controller that you plug in to a port? Or do I actually need to get a wireless x360 controller?
"If it weren't for electricity, we'd still be watching TV with matches and candles."

User Info: AyatsuriSakon

AyatsuriSakon
8 years ago#2
you dont need a 360 controller. If you plug in any gamepad, just start pressing the buttons in game and it works. and you can change the control scheme but with a non xbox 360 controller its a bit confusing

User Info: treetop

treetop
8 years ago#3
you can't even use a wireless on pc without a wireless game adaptor..
i bought one and is evidently incompatible with my logitech wireless keyboard/mouse.

the wired version is cheaper though.

User Info: QuatrixJ

QuatrixJ
8 years ago#4

Mrmakatakawawat posted...
you dont need a 360 controller. If you plug in any gamepad, just start pressing the buttons in game and it works. and you can change the control scheme but with a non xbox 360 controller its a bit confusing

Yeah, the in-game screens show pictures of the Xbox controller, which makes things a little more difficult to set up. I also noticed (in the demo at least) that button 8 is locked to the pause function and can't be easily remapped. I assume button 8 is Start on the Xbox controller, but unfortunately it's one of the shoulder trigger buttons on my Saitek P2600.

User Info: tigerhead

tigerhead
8 years ago#5
^ Use the gamepad config from the launcher menu.
If you think you're right, you're wrong.

QuatrixJ
8 years ago#6
That helps, thanks.

QuatrixJ
8 years ago#7
P.S. I didn't see that in the demo. It looks like they improved the gamepad setup a bit for the full retail version. My only complaint is that the in-game screens still refer to buttons A, B, etc., so I have to remember where those buttons are on the Xbox controller.

User Info: d3mon_hunt3r_

d3mon_hunt3r_
8 years ago#8
I really don't get what i'm doing wrong my Logitech Dual Action works on every other game, i run this one and nothing... Can't control in the menus and either in the game...

User Info: josh1billion

josh1billion
8 years ago#9
I use a PS3 controller. It works great. That's how you play the DMC series as it was meant to be played.
SSBB FC: 4081-5251-3424
SeedsOfTime.net - 100% free browser-based MMORPG.

User Info: tigerhead

tigerhead
8 years ago#10
^ Assuming you have a PS3, why didn't you get the PS3 version instead then? Don't need a response, but I'm just curious.
If you think you're right, you're wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. Using a gamepad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived