The game crashes ALL THE TIME

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. The game crashes ALL THE TIME

User Info: SenSx

SenSx
4 years ago#1
Hi,

I am imploring you your help,

my game random crashes ALL THE TIME!
During cinematics, in game, and even option screen.

I tried every advice to fix this problem:

- Set SLI: OFF
- Set shadows to High (it really reduced the amount of crashs I got, but I still have this problem)
- Set Vsynch to OFF
- Use XP compatibility

The problem is that it does not crash immediatly, this vicious game waits for me to be well advanced during a mission, and when I think I am going to finish it in time before it crashes: BAM ! The damn game crashes AGAIN....

I really don't want to lower my graphic options further more, I have a good system (2500k, GTX 670 Direct CU 2 TOP, 4 go ram), do I really have to turn shadows completly off ? (shadows on figh instead of Super high really reduced the amount off crashes I got, before that, I couldn't watch any cinematics).
Do I have to play in Directx 9 instead of Directx 10 ?

Is there any patch to fix this ?
Even an amateur patch ? Unfortunately amateurs often have to fix problems in game themselves because of those lazy developpers...

Thax in advance for any help !

User Info: SenSx

SenSx
4 years ago#2
I think I found the problem: Direct X10

I tried the game in Direct X 9, and I was able to compete two entire chapters without one single crash, which is a complete miracle!

But...is there anyway to Fix Direct X10 with this game now ?

Thx

User Info: bob444449

bob444449
4 years ago#3
I'm having this same problem, I can generally get 10 or 20 minutes into the game and then it will crash, I'll restart do one mission and It'll crash again, I have great specs to run it, but The only thing that works for me is to run it on DX 9 as well, I do get significantly further if I close almost all my background programs, but haven't found a definite fix either.
PSN/XBL/Steam- Famrit
  1. Boards
  2. Devil May Cry 4
  3. The game crashes ALL THE TIME

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived