The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Anyone play GW 1 anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Anyone play GW 1 anymore?

User Info: SilentSoprano

SilentSoprano
7 years ago#1

Does anyone play the original Guild Wars anymore (with the expansions)? I used to play that game a while ago and it was really fun, but I tried getting back into it multiple times but couldn't. I'm just curious if anyone still plays it. Also, I don't mean just you guys either, but can someone tell me what it's like in game compared to back in its heyday?

User Info: xXLostProphetXx

xXLostProphetXx
7 years ago#2
I do every now and then, I mainly just check up on some good friends that I have made.
I've beaten every campaign and I've tackled a lot in the game. I have a Hero title, I've been in GvG elite guilds, I've farmed many nice weapons, I just did a lot that GW has to offer and now I'm like 'meh' lol just because it isn't as appealing.
I however still want to earn the Sorrow's Furnace trophey, but...

I love GW and I can't wait for GW2. :D
---

User Info: SilentSoprano

SilentSoprano
7 years ago#3

xXLostProphetXx posted...
I do every now and then, I mainly just check up on some good friends that I have made.
I've beaten every campaign and I've tackled a lot in the game. I have a Hero title, I've been in GvG elite guilds, I've farmed many nice weapons, I just did a lot that GW has to offer and now I'm like 'meh' lol just because it isn't as appealing.
I however still want to earn the Sorrow's Furnace trophey, but...

I love GW and I can't wait for GW2. :D
---

Wow, sounds like you did a lot. Yea, I can't wait for GW2 also, just from that trailer they released it looks 10 times better than GW1 already.

User Info: Sputnik1337

Sputnik1337
7 years ago#4
Its pretty dead now compared to back in the day tbh.
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/npaintv2/image32.png

User Info: RipVanWinkle_

RipVanWinkle_
7 years ago#5
Still play all the time.
"No reply? no snide remarks this time? Well, that's a first, coming from the Gamefaqs community. I love you too. "

User Info: I Like Toast

I Like Toast
7 years ago#6
the biggest difference between gw now and then, is you could actually pug gw before, meet some new people.

Now you have 3 options
1.) con a irl friend to play with you
2.) join one of the few remaining pve(lawl) guilds.
3.) hero/hench the game.
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/DethMashein/toast.png
Do you like toast: Yes: 190 No: 0

User Info: xXLostProphetXx

xXLostProphetXx
7 years ago#7
SilentSoprano, I can't wait for GW2 it looks and sounds like it is going to be absolutely amazing.

I feel... taunted lol not knowing more.

My expectations are really high, and it seems like the path ANet is taking will succeed to fulfill my expectations.
---

User Info: Kurir_Telmonkin

Kurir_Telmonkin
7 years ago#8
Still play all the time, just recently got to 15 max titles, still need to complete 4 of the 5 elite areas though
Clank: Hold on! This one says "Use rock to break glass to get wrench to break glass to get rock". Ooh! I love logic puzzles!

User Info: Cool_new_name

Cool_new_name
7 years ago#9
I log on after skill updates and for holiday events.
I been thinking of logging in to see the Dhuum addition to the Underworld, but I am busy with Tekken 6, Dragon Age and AC2 right now.
I'll probably log in for the Wintersday events.

User Info: darksoulpriest

darksoulpriest
7 years ago#10
Dhuum addition to the UW?

Explain nao.

DSP's Extra Tidbits: that or link me wiki page por favor.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Anyone play GW 1 anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived