GW2 Account Login Problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. GW2 Account Login Problem

User Info: II3eas7

II3eas7
4 years ago#1

Does anyone know if it's possible to change your login info so you don't have to login with your GW1 credentials?  I remember that on the beta signup form it asked for an email to contact you through; this email could be different than the one your GW1 account is linked to.

My GW1 account login uses an email I no longer use.  ANet has told me it's impossible to change it now but I'm really hoping it doesn't automatically apply to my GW2 account as well..  I'm sure I can't be the only one in this situation.

User Info: MikeHawkfOu

MikeHawkfOu
4 years ago#2
I have the exact same problem. I didn't think they would make me use the old login information. I wouldn't have linked my account if I knew. I'm just going to wait awhile (they got other things to take care of) and contact the support to change my login email.

User Info: SolaceIX

SolaceIX
4 years ago#3
You're not the only one... I was using an account from high school when I started playing.

Anyway:

How can I change my account name or email address?

While we intend to have a feature that will allow you to change your Guild Wars account name or your Guild Wars 2 email address, it is not currently available. This will not affect your ability to link the two accounts if you are Pre-Purchasing Guild Wars 2.

Note: When you register your Guild Wars 2 account, you will be asked for a current email address.
"Outside of FPS games, the PC really doesn't have ANYTHING." - Friends, gotta love 'em!

User Info: koroko_korobase

koroko_korobase
4 years ago#4
Dude I'm actively using an email address that I've had since like 1998 or something. It's linked to that, so I have no problems.

That ^ guy pretty much said what I was going to say though. It's a little unfortunate but it's so that people don't complicate things for themselves and ANet.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. GW2 Account Login Problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived