Recommended Specs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Recommended Specs?

User Info: Mysterioso008

Mysterioso008
5 years ago#1
Hey... so, before someone jumps down my throat for another "Can I run it?" thread,

I ran the check on Can You Run It? and happily, my laptop beats minimum specs, but I haven't see any recommended specs listed anywhere. Is minimum specs enough? (My laptop's a 2011 model, so..)

User Info: m3g4t0ky0

m3g4t0ky0
5 years ago#2
The official Guild Wars 2 site lists these as the minimum requirements:

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be

Mysterioso008
5 years ago#3
Well yeah, I knew all that. I don't doubt that I can run the game, but I'm curious as to why I haven't seen any recommended specs listed anywhere.

m3g4t0ky0
5 years ago#4
Disregard my last post. I didn't read yours close enough. xD

I did the CYRI test on my laptop and it failed the minimum specs because the embedded graphics only has 64MB dedicated with the rest (up to 1696MB) being dynamically allocated. I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz processor and 4GB of RAM. I've played the game for a few hours using the "Balanced" video settings and didn't really experience any issues other than low FPS with everyone clogging the starting areas. I think you should be good to go. Things should only get better the closer the game gets to release since it's still being optimized.

Mysterioso008
5 years ago#5
I did the CYRI test on my laptop and it failed the minimum specs because the embedded graphics only has 64MB dedicated with the rest (up to 1696MB) being dynamically allocated. I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz processor and 4GB of RAM. I've played the game for a few hours using the "Balanced" video settings and didn't really experience any issues other than low FPS with everyone clogging the starting areas. I think you should be good to go. Things should only get better the closer the game gets to release since it's still being optimized.

Well uh, I'm not too well-versed in technobabble, but I'm happy that I should be good to go. I actually don't know too much about Guild Wars 2, but everything I've heard has been nothing but positive, so I'm eager to start learning more.

User Info: Gabe-a-dizzle

Gabe-a-dizzle
5 years ago#6

m3g, what's your graphics chip? I have an integrated chip and CYRI says there's only 128 MB of dedicated VRAM but do you think I'd be able to run it with the dynamic RAM also? I think my graphics processor is an intel GMA 4500M HD. All my other specs are fine.

m3g4t0ky0
5 years ago#7
Gabe-a-dizzle posted...
m3g, what's your graphics chip? I have an integrated chip and CYRI says there's only 128 MB of dedicated VRAM but do you think I'd be able to run it with the dynamic RAM also? I think my graphics processor is an intel GMA 4500M HD. All my other specs are fine.
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I think that you'd be able to run the game with the dynamic RAM.

User Info: Gabe-a-dizzle

Gabe-a-dizzle
5 years ago#8

Thank you. I wouldn't expect very high settings or 60 fps but I'd just be happy to be able to play.

1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Recommended Specs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived