How can you compare damage output with +Condition Damage or +Precision/Power?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. How can you compare damage output with +Condition Damage or +Precision/Power?

User Info: MissCarriage

MissCarriage
5 years ago#1
I usually use a shortbow on my Ranger and since the shortbow packs a lot of conditions, I normally pick +condition damage armor and weapons. But is this a good investment? Should I be using +Precision/Power items instead? How can I compare numbers wise?
Love me long time.

User Info: WellThoughtName

WellThoughtName
5 years ago#2
I've noticed that Condition damage you get from equipment is so low that it's always a better option to go Power/Precision.

I mean I can choose between +1 bleeding damage over 5 second or +1 damage with every attacks.

Easy choice.

User Info: WellThoughtName

WellThoughtName
5 years ago#3
I've noticed that Condition damage you get from equipment is so low that it's always a better option to go Power/Precision.

I mean I can choose between +1 bleeding damage over 5 second or +1 damage with every attacks.

Easy choice.
(message deleted)

User Info: random_noobie

random_noobie
5 years ago#5
since there's no scaling note on the tool-tip (i.e. showing how much benefit per point power/condition damage/healing power give you), you can just switch off pieces of armor and watch the benefit.

generally, however, if i'm using, say, three or more damaging conditions on a weapon, i like condition damage more then power. most of the time, power and condition damage come on the same item, so, i don't have to choose.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays

User Info: Zaishi

Zaishi
5 years ago#6
+condition damage is amazing as long as you don't run into something immune to that condition (Destroyers *shudders*). My earth ele can hit things once and watch them bleed to death while I'm going off and hitting other things.

User Info: CoffeeShopLame

CoffeeShopLame
5 years ago#7
As a lvl 39 Mesmer I started stacking condition and I mow things down quick.
I CON-TIN-U TO FIGHT!
# of people i've gotten to watch Code Geass: LotR - 9

User Info: DarcSeraph

DarcSeraph
5 years ago#8
You can mouse over the tooltip of your ability and it will show updated damage numbers affected by your stats.
I'm kind of like God.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. How can you compare damage output with +Condition Damage or +Precision/Power?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived