Magic Find

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ChronoAce

ChronoAce
4 years ago#1
Is it worth it to stack Magic Find in this game or is it useless like in Diablo 3?

User Info: Zaishi

Zaishi
4 years ago#2
Level 35 rare gear still only adds 1% MF so I doubt it ever gets to a point where it's useful.

User Info: jamesieb0ii

jamesieb0ii
4 years ago#3
I've only heard this by someone, but it makes sense. He said that it's good to have a complete MF gear set at high levels, because lots of events will give chests with lots of loot, and apparently MF affects them.

ChronoAce
4 years ago#4
That is what I was thinking. 80 rares have 3% MF each so thats a grand total of 18 MF from main gear pieces.

User Info: BurnumMaster

BurnumMaster
4 years ago#5
You can craft gear with % magic find as one of the stats on it, then you can add runes that give magic find. I was just thinking about this the other day, but it seems like you could get it quite high.
GT:BurnumMaster

User Info: F0reverZero

F0reverZero
4 years ago#6
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that MF doesn't affect the chest from bosses? I could be wrong though...
i7 2600K @ 4.6 Ghz | Gigabyte G1.Sniper 2 | MSi Twin Frozr III PE/OC Radeon HD 6950 @ 975 Mhz | 8GB Corsair Dominator | Corsair 850TX V2 | HAF-X Gaming Case

ChronoAce
4 years ago#7
F0reverZero posted...
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that MF doesn't affect the chest from bosses? I could be wrong though...

After the disaster that was MF in Diablo 3 I wonder why game developers continue to put this boring junk stat in their games.

User Info: Pheem

Pheem
4 years ago#8
I know there's some set runes that add like 18% magic find. Some guy was linking his equipment with a bunch of magic find with equips and food.

There's also food at level 80 that adds 40% Magic Find. I think he was able to get like 80% MF with the gear/buffs he linked .
GW2: Tannith - Henge of Denravi

User Info: thecrossnkight

thecrossnkight
4 years ago#9
Provided armor can get MF% runes/insigs you could potentially get...

6% from each armor piece = 36%
30% from jewelry = 66%
Food that can give up to 36%? for 102%
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
4 years ago#10
does the MF in this game work by just doubling a low drop rate?

200% MF just doubles the drop rate of a 1% rare item, to 2%?
WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WorldWide* and #1 world BPC, as of 4/7/10
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived