Mystic Coin

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: easycompany68

easycompany68
5 years ago#1
I just realized its for the mystic forge...how does it work exactly.

I made 2 items at the forge and both times put it 4 items worth about 2 silver in all and got a really bad item.

Im not asking for recipes but does putting the coin automatically give you a awsome/rare item?

Also, if you put 4 items that are blue titled (with sigil,rune)...does that increase your change to get a good item?

Basically is it completely random or do I have some control over the quality of item I get..??

I know its still early in the game but i'm hoping someone has a idea here...

thanks!
RAFFLES FOR SKILL 10 SR - check "easycompany" in search. IGN is sniper6868

easycompany68
5 years ago#2
ohh and if I put for of the same item example 4 helmets, does that increasethe change or a better item, does that guarentee and helmet in return??

thanks again

easycompany68
5 years ago#3
bump

User Info: GoatJugSoup

GoatJugSoup
5 years ago#4
As far as I know its fairly random. You may get a better one, you may not. I do know that 4 minipets will definitely give a minipet, 4 dyes will definitely give another dye.
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Guild Wars 2, Current Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi

User Info: Ish_basic

Ish_basic
5 years ago#5
i can definitely tell you that four items of one type doesn't make a difference with respect to what you get back.

Short of using actual recipes, Mystic Forge is basically a slot machine. You're better off selling or even merching.

User Info: serpentsembrace

serpentsembrace
5 years ago#6
4 of the same items guarantees one of the same items back, 4 greatswords gives a greatsword.

on the other hand 4 heavy helmets wont always give a heavy helmet, you might get a light or medium back.
GT: IGWBuffalo

User Info: Porkinz

Porkinz
5 years ago#7
You need to use it to learn the top tier crafting recipes.

for instance cooks need to use them to make ” tray foods” which lets everyone in the area eat the food

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
5 years ago#8
I watched a video online yesterday where a guy put 4 equal water breathing masks in and it made him a chest piece of an armor class he couldn't even use. It was pretty funny.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. 8 and below : Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 81

User Info: TalentedM

TalentedM
5 years ago#9
ATARIJAWA posted...
I watched a video online yesterday where a guy put 4 equal water breathing masks in and it made him a chest piece of an armor class he couldn't even use. It was pretty funny.

Kripp did that didn't he?
PSN: TalentedM
Xbox: Consume Fetus

User Info: GoatJugSoup

GoatJugSoup
5 years ago#10
The forge works in mysterious ways...
http://psnprofiles.com/goatjugsoup1278
Currently playing: Guild Wars 2, Current Character Name: Ranger Goat of Yogi

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived