Why is it called Guardian? It's pretty much a Paladin

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Why is it called Guardian? It's pretty much a Paladin

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
5 years ago#51
A mage/ wizard and an elementalist are not that close to each other. Only 2 of the 5 weapon combinations available to an elementalist makes them play closer to a traditional mage. For the other 3 and for their conjures, elementalists play more like battle mages or even like magical "ninjas", all the while being a combo-class not very different from the characters of a fightning game.

D&D mages can use daggers, and it is commonly their starting weapon. (They don't dual wield them, though.) And although they don't use them for spellcasting, neither do they use their staff for such (the staffs they use as magical items are generally not used to attack, while the ones they use to attack seldom have spellcasting effects). Scepters are almost exclusively spell-use items in D&D, too.

So the GW2 Elementalist does play distinctly different from a traditional mage/wizard, even when using the same weapons. (The GW1 elementalist would be closer, as spells and weapons were separate in that game.)
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: RasBriggins

RasBriggins
5 years ago#52
The proper term is Warrior Priest.
Guild Wars 2 is the Game of the Decade.

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
5 years ago#53
Tell that to the Charr.
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Taijouroukun

Taijouroukun
5 years ago#54
RasBriggins posted...

the proper term is W/Mo

User Info: RasBriggins

RasBriggins
5 years ago#55
Taijouroukun posted...
RasBriggins posted...

the proper term is W/Mo

Nope. Its Warrior Priest.

http://i.imgur.com/jggYL.jpg
Guild Wars 2 is the Game of the Decade.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Why is it called Guardian? It's pretty much a Paladin

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived