Can you solo a Champion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Can you solo a Champion?

User Info: King_Namek

King_Namek
4 years ago#1
I've come across some guarding Splendid Chests, out in the middle of nowhere. Is there anyone strong enough to solo one? Which ones are weakest.

User Info: Carbonights

Carbonights
4 years ago#2
Depends on the Champion.

Some are significantly weaker than others. No matter what it will take ages, though.

User Info: runboy81

runboy81
4 years ago#3
I can solo Champions (with a few exceptions, due to annoying skills) up to level 40-50 zones thanks to my two tanky pets.
Most of the time the splendid chest rewards are crap anyways and not worth the effort.

User Info: Mechangmenow

Mechangmenow
4 years ago#4
Yes and no.

You can solo low level champions at lvl 80 scaled down. BUT you still need to be able to heal/dodge/block damage since they'll whack you for 1/5 of your health per hit.

It's more or less impossible to take on a lvl 80 champion unless you can kite them for 20 minutes. And at that point, why would you want to?
Culinary Institute of Tyria: www.citchef.com
Youtube: Mechangmenows

User Info: NCPwn

NCPwn
4 years ago#5
I did with my condition build Engineer at level 22.
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst

User Info: runboy81

runboy81
4 years ago#6
Actually, I forgot that I've soloed a level 80 champ. But he was very easy compared to the others and very kite friendly. The Golem at Malchor's leap. Right near the entrance.

User Info: Sputnik1337

Sputnik1337
4 years ago#7
Champions are no problem to kite around. Now, a champion surrounded by mobs on (short) respawn timers? Thats where it gets difficult.
z

User Info: Taijouroukun

Taijouroukun
4 years ago#8
some champion are really easy (slow and infrequent attacks that is easy to dodge with no mob). they just have a crap load of health.

i attempted to solo 2 champions before (because no one was around and i wanted to try). first one, i accidentally pull it too far and it runs back to it original spot and regen all its health after i got it down to halfway (and it takes a long time). so i got frustrated and just go in, open the chest, and get out, ignoring it completely.

the 2nd time the champion took over a village/outpost in an event. i got it down to 3/4 health. it used fear on me, it ran the other way, and regen health. i go at it again. got it down to 1/2 health. used fear on me and it ran the other way, regened full health again. then other people came.

i ****ing hate how easy it is for them to regen to full health.

so while i never successfully solo a champion, i can if i really wanted to (the easy ones anyway).

User Info: DiamondBlade82

DiamondBlade82
4 years ago#9
There is a video on the main forums of a Eley Soloing Cadacus Manor. Took him like 3+ hours.

User Info: Earthshaker

Earthshaker
4 years ago#10
I soloed the champion corrupted quaggan in Frostgorge Sound just last night (or whatever the area with Honor of the Waves is, the area north of the Wayfarer Foothills.)

I got some money and karma from it, not much else.
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.] {Cogito ergo sum... cogito.}
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary. ASURAS AREN'T NORN FURNITURE!
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Can you solo a Champion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived