So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

User Info: Umbrella_Man99

Umbrella_Man99
4 years ago#11
AdeptMage posted...
There is no sub fee, cant really blame them. They have to make their money somehow....

I can blame them for not making it a subscription game

Then you'd still be paying for Halloween >_>

Anyway, costumes weren't free in Guild Wars and both Black Lion Chests and keys can be gotten for free, or with gold if you must buy them.
A consumer is entitled to all of the game content that was finished before release.- Actual quote justifying/vilifying DLC "Greed"

User Info: cheezedadada

cheezedadada
4 years ago#12
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

You have ANY idea how a company functions? They dont have a monthly fee and they need to make money to keep updating.

This thread is ridiculous...argh, I gotta back out.
"And the companies get those blank dvds for pennies, burn to them, then sell them for $60. That's ok?"
-TheGlow

User Info: Lunacy182

Lunacy182
4 years ago#13
cheezedadada posted...
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

You have ANY idea how a company functions? They dont have a monthly fee and they need to make money to keep updating.

This thread is ridiculous...argh, I gotta back out.

I see what he's getting at though. Holiday items in real life are free, so why are they not free in game.... Oh wait.
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz

User Info: Jaws_Theme

Jaws_Theme
4 years ago#14
People should stop complaining about the cash shop. it's OPTIONAL, think of it as a donation for a great company to improve the game.

User Info: mczap48

mczap48
4 years ago#15
anyone that buys stuff online is a fool
u can get everything u need
by drops or crafting... IMO
"I feel the need, the need for speed"
TOP GUN

User Info: Nofoundation

Nofoundation
4 years ago#16
Jaws_Theme posted...
People should stop complaining about the cash shop. it's OPTIONAL, think of it as a donation for a great company to improve the game.

Yes, we should all donate our money to companies we like. I heard if they sell enough halloween costumes Thanksgiving will come to Tyria!
"An account created 7 years ago is my alt"-Warhammeronl speaking about DarkSoulPriest

User Info: CenaxKikia

CenaxKikia
4 years ago#17
Every MMO sells their holiday events in their cash shop.. even WoW does in their cash shop.
"The unknown.. trolls us.." -Carl Sagan
I play with balls and cubes -> http://www.youtube.com/CenaxKikia

User Info: AdeptMage

AdeptMage
4 years ago#18
Every MMO sells their holiday events in their cash shop.. even WoW does in their cash shop.

really, cause my pets and mount and weapon and helmets and rings and masks and wands and
MEMBER OF THE WOW LUMPY HILL REMOVAL CAMPAIGN
http://i.imgur.com/UZtLp.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Hpr02.jpg"He's an old man loving gay." - ShadowNinja606

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
4 years ago#19
CenaxKikia posted...

Yeah, I just got the halloween mount this year out of a bag for queuing for a dungeon, along with some rings and stuff, all free.
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12

User Info: Jaws_Theme

Jaws_Theme
4 years ago#20
Nofoundation posted...
Jaws_Theme posted...

Yes, we should all donate our money to companies we like. I heard if they sell enough halloween costumes Thanksgiving will come to Tyria!

What? This isn't even relevant to what I said.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived