So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?
(message deleted)

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
5 years ago#22
Clarification:

You DO NOT have to pay for the Halloween event. The achievements (except Costume Brawl, since it requires costumes) and quests can all be done without you spending a single Gem. And the horns - presumably the "festival mask" equivalent for this event - are free in the store.

The extra cosmetics and the minis? Those cost gems. Oh, and I think there are special tonics, too. (The tonics really should be in-game, though, if you ask me.)

Aside from the tonics, I also think there should be a way to get the costume brawl done without gem expenditure - erhaps have some sort of "basic" costume you can get through in-game means. Because Costume Brawl was free in GW1, and because the attachment of an achievement should exempt it from mandated costs.

But aside from that complaint, I think they're handling it fine. The EVENT is free (except for Costume Brawling *sad*).
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: Visani_Chante

Visani_Chante
5 years ago#23
Duke Darkwood posted...
Clarification:

You DO NOT have to pay for the Halloween event. The achievements (except Costume Brawl, since it requires costumes) and quests can all be done without you spending a single Gem. And the horns - presumably the "festival mask" equivalent for this event - are free in the store.

The extra cosmetics and the minis? Those cost gems. Oh, and I think there are special tonics, too. (The tonics really should be in-game, though, if you ask me.)

Aside from the tonics, I also think there should be a way to get the costume brawl done without gem expenditure - erhaps have some sort of "basic" costume you can get through in-game means. Because Costume Brawl was free in GW1, and because the attachment of an achievement should exempt it from mandated costs.

But aside from that complaint, I think they're handling it fine. The EVENT is free (except for Costume Brawling *sad*).

Jump into the giant Cauldron in Lions Arch - free costume for costume brawl.
Use Cauldron from anyone elses witch costume - free costume for costume brawl.

You can participate in the costume brawl for free.

User Info: JebSkatr2

JebSkatr2
5 years ago#24
^^^ thank you for posting this, wasn't aware.

User Info: ModLogic

ModLogic
5 years ago#25
Those costumes are ass

Its a massive handicap against you
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png

User Info: silentfox4

silentfox4
5 years ago#26
Visani_Chante posted...
Duke Darkwood posted...
Clarification:

Jump into the giant Cauldron in Lions Arch - free costume for costume brawl.
Use Cauldron from anyone elses witch costume - free costume for costume brawl.

You can participate in the costume brawl for free.

Don't forget that you can also wear a costume from the banquet tables that some people put out.

User Info: ModLogic

ModLogic
5 years ago#27
All i get from table is "food fight"

You van also ise mysterious tonics from black lion chests
CAPCOM = Conning All Players Cash Over Morals
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png

User Info: arik87

arik87
5 years ago#28
I remember when I simply went to the store and they handed me christmas gifts for my family...oh wait...as long as I can remember holidays are nothing but capitalist jargon.
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.

User Info: LordEphraim

LordEphraim
5 years ago#29
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
CenaxKikia posted...
Every MMO sells their holiday events in their cash shop.. even WoW does in their cash shop.

Yeah, I just got the halloween mount this year out of a bag for queuing for a dungeon, along with some rings and stuff, all free.

No, you got it for 180 dollars. You're paying for Halloween stuff all year-round.
Nobody is perfect.
-Hi, I am Nobody.

User Info: Akazora

Akazora
5 years ago#30
cheezedadada posted...
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

You have ANY idea how a company functions? They dont have a monthly fee and they need to make money to keep updating.

This thread is ridiculous...argh, I gotta back out.

Remember when they charged for holiday events in GW1?
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived