So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

User Info: GaMeFr33k

GaMeFr33k
5 years ago#31
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

There is FREE content AND PAID content. Paid content are mini's and some town clothing sets/skins.

If you don't like the game, don't play it. There are like 10 new video games every month, you can waste your time being a nerd somewhere else and stop sitting in your chair complaining on a forum all day? That sounds like a much better idea.
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's

User Info: OtakuD50

OtakuD50
5 years ago#32
Akazora posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Nofoundation posted...
Charging money for holidays seems like a bad joke

You have ANY idea how a company functions? They dont have a monthly fee and they need to make money to keep updating.

This thread is ridiculous...argh, I gotta back out.

Remember when they charged for holiday events in GW1?

Yeah, you had to pay real money to get holiday costumes.
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!

User Info: steker16

steker16
5 years ago#33
if only they had a way to convert in game money to cash shop money
nomnomnom

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
5 years ago#34
if only they had a way to convert in game money to cash shop money

this. MMOs really need to implement this feature, I mean gawd.
http://i.imgur.com/LF2O7.gif
http://i.imgur.com/WoISA.gif

User Info: darkrain108

darkrain108
5 years ago#35
I like how the defense of the CS here is conversion of gold to gems.
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse

User Info: OtakuD50

OtakuD50
5 years ago#36
darkrain108 posted...

There isn't even any need for defense. There isn't a single quest you have to pay for.
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!

User Info: darkrain108

darkrain108
5 years ago#37
OtakuD50 posted...
darkrain108 posted...

There isn't even any need for defense. There isn't a single quest you have to pay for.

What do you mean? Technically you have to pay for every quest, it's a buy to play game. My whole point is the defense of putting half the event inside the CS is the mere existence of a conversion ratio.

I understand the game is 'free' after initial purchase, however you cannot stick all of the cool permanent things inside of a gachapon or you will not get a good return. I for one saw that half the weapons are temporary and come from the mystic forge, the other 'rare' ones come from Black Lion Chests which usually mean gems.

I have yet to start up the game. There is no real motive for me to other than to look at how nice the dark scenery looks.
i5-2500k@4.2ghz/8GB Ripjaws PC3 10666/XFX Radeon 5850 1GB/Westinghouse 24"LCD/WD Blue 500GB/WD Blue 640GB/Creative Fatality Pro/G15 Keyboard/CM Storm Mouse

User Info: IronySandwich

IronySandwich
5 years ago#38
darkrain108 posted...
OtakuD50 posted...
darkrain108 posted...

What do you mean? Technically you have to pay for every quest, it's a buy to play game. My whole point is the defense of putting half the event inside the CS is the mere existence of a conversion ratio.

I understand the game is 'free' after initial purchase, however you cannot stick all of the cool permanent things inside of a gachapon or you will not get a good return. I for one saw that half the weapons are temporary and come from the mystic forge, the other 'rare' ones come from Black Lion Chests which usually mean gems.

I have yet to start up the game. There is no real motive for me to other than to look at how nice the dark scenery looks.

As you have been told, it is nothing remotely close to "half" the content. A few costumes and minis are in the CS. Everything else, all the events, the costume brawl, the doors, the puzzles, all of that is free.
This is not a signature.

User Info: zach12_2

zach12_2
5 years ago#39
TC doesn't play this game. TC doesn't matter.
On my Gamefaqs CruxisInhibitor, Nofoundation, Xeeh_Bitz, ScorpeX, Epic_Bear_Guy, UltraCookie, and NCPwn all have the same tag.

User Info: JerseyFistPump

JerseyFistPump
5 years ago#40
As far as I'm concerned, the "meat" of this Halloween update is most certainly the free stuff. The new events, quests, jump puzzles, achievements, new ways to gain karma, and bosses... That is the part that matters. I'm sorry but silly town clothes and a few mini pets don't outweigh the real stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. So you have to pay for the Halloween event?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived