Help with new laptop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Help with new laptop

User Info: Chop_Shop

Chop_Shop
4 years ago#1
I am wanting to get a new laptop.. I haven't had a new one since the asus g50vt-x5, and it's well over time to retire it, I also haven't had much time to do much research,. Any idea what I could go with,to get the best bang for my buck? looking to spend 900-1500, the hp dv7 Beats Edition keeps coming up,but I don't really trust hp for gaming.. Thanks
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927

User Info: Genovian

Genovian
4 years ago#2
i just got the Dell inspiron 17r se edition,

there's 3 versions up to 1300 euro (i live in europe) wich makrs about 1150 dollars i guess.
i have the second highest version (without 3d) and i play every new game perfectly.

GW2 with all settings maxed out on an average 50-60 fps.
borderlands with all settings maxed out on an average 45-55 fps

and so on..

check the dell website for it, www.dell.com

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
4 years ago#3
i just got the Dell inspiron 17r se edition,

there's 3 versions up to 1300 euro (i live in europe) wich makrs about 1150 dollars i guess.
i have the second highest version (without 3d) and i play every new game perfectly.

GW2 with all settings maxed out on an average 50-60 fps.
borderlands with all settings maxed out on an average 45-55 fps

and so on..

check the dell website for it, www.dell.com

For the price that's not a bad laptop, even if the GPU is weak. Sorry, that GPU won't run GW2 and Borderland maxed out. It have a 675m and it doesn't even max out those games. It will if I drop the resolution to 1300 x 900.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 91

User Info: Chop_Shop

Chop_Shop
4 years ago#4
Thank you
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927
  1. Boards
  2. Guild Wars 2
  3. Help with new laptop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived