Tribute to a fantastic, underrated game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Avencast: Rise of the Mage
  3. Tribute to a fantastic, underrated game

User Info: Eternal1

Eternal1
7 years ago#1
I just wanted to say this game is surprisingly original and satisfying, and it's a shame it hasn't gotten more attention. I'm near the end playing as a Soul Mage on normal difficulty, and each time I sit down to play I'm impressed by the beauty and subtlety of the spell animations and effects. This game really does make me feel like a badass wizard, probably moreso than any other game with magic-using characters. So seeing as how this board hasn't had any activity for almost a year, I wanted to freshly proclaim Avencast's greatness.

Also - I've read many people say the soul magic path makes the game too difficult. Not true! It's much more satisfying than blood, and the spells look much cooler. I had to turn the difficulty to easy only once, and that was only for one room of monsters. The trick is to always have a summoned pet out - I went obelisk, flies, then seahorse. And mix in some blood, it feels good every now and then!

AVENCAST! SOUL! YES!

User Info: reclinemusic

reclinemusic
7 years ago#2
Is this a 3rd person WASD controlled game, or point and click to move like titan quest?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Enby/Nodrg4pty.jpg

User Info: reclinemusic

reclinemusic
7 years ago#3
Read the FAQ, WASD, oh well...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Enby/Nodrg4pty.jpg

User Info: Baltham_Erathos

Baltham_Erathos
7 years ago#4
Just bought a copy at best buy, $10. (Well, it was $10 before my discount. *g*)

Not a bad price for a game that scored 78% from pc gamer...fun so far.

I love Titan Quest (can't wait for Grim Dawn), but I also enjoy it when games throw a little more at me than click-til-it-dies gameplay. I also like games that have magic that is bad ass, so hoping I'll enjoy this as much as it sounds like. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Avencast: Rise of the Mage
  3. Tribute to a fantastic, underrated game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived