Good Partner For Pikachu?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tb2dude

tb2dude
7 years ago#1
Who would be the best/recommended partner for Pikachu?

User Info: Frozen_Viper

Frozen_Viper
7 years ago#2
I'd recommend Grass or Water types, Fire types give your team a double weakness to Ground.
Grass types can deal with Water/Ground types (Swampert, Gastrodon, etc.)
while Water types get type coverage (i.e. Totodile with Ice Fang, Bite, etc.) and better ranged moves (i.e. Squirtle with Bubble, Ice Beam, etc.)

Bulbasaur - Has status moves, he's the 'kill it slowly' type. Sleep Powder is good for the main storyline, but isn't as helpful post-Story, with all the Pokemon that resist sleep.
Charmander - Learns Smokescreen, which is always useful, and evolves into a Fire/Flying type, removing the weakness to ground.
Squirtle - Good defense, good ranged moves.
Chikorita - Enjoy your terrible Normal and Grass moves. Chiko works best as a Leader since she gets Nature Gifter, which allows berries and nuts eaten by Chikorita to affect all allies (it doesn't work when a partner uses it)
Cyndaquil - Also learns smokescreen, but doesn't get rid of the ground weakness.
Totodile - Good type coverage with Ice Fang, Bite, and Superpower. A nice partner, IMO,
Treecko - Like Pikachu, Treecko is part of the IQ Group D. Works fine with Pikachu, IMO.
Torchic - Gets both fire and flying moves. Better suited as a partner for Normal, Grass and Water types.
Mudkip - I herd you liek. It gets some mediocre water moves as well as some ground moves (Mud Slap, which is very useful)
Turtwig - Good defense, and decent offense. Learns Curse, but I don't recommend using it, since it slows Turtwig, making it hard for him to go at the same pace as Pikachu.
Chimchar - Learns Torment, which may prove useful when a Pokemon repeatedly uses a ground move on Pikachu. Learns ranged moves late, though.
Piplup - Learns flying and water moves, and when evolved learns steel moves. A good Pokemon once it evolves, but that happens later in the game.

IMO, Treecko and Totodile are the best starters for Pikachu.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived