COD4 problem awaiting keycode authorization

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  3. COD4 problem awaiting keycode authorization

User Info: darksleuth

darksleuth
9 years ago#1

Hi,

I have Call of Duty 4 installed with the 1.4 patch.

For some reason I keep getting the "Awaiting key code authorization" message and the timer counts to 10 and times out giving an error.

I have used the console to increase the timer to 30 and 60 seconds but still nothing.

I have reinstalled the game and it connects first time but when I restart the computer it times out giving the same message.

I reinstalled it again in a different folder and again it works but after I restart the PC I get the same message and it times out.

Hoping you can provide a solution.

Thank you.

User Info: jtb1924

jtb1924
9 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure it means the server you're trying to connect to is password protected. Try joining a different server.
"To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition." -Woody Allen

User Info: TheHouseofHades

TheHouseofHades
9 years ago#3

No, I get that all the time too. It happens even on servers I've gotten into before. Plus I filtered out all the password protected servers in the server browser.

I don't have a clue what causes it. One article said something about changing the preference order of any network adapters, but I tried that and it made no difference.

User Info: spank_1973

spank_1973
9 years ago#4

I've had the same problem today, though it might of been a Windows defender update, but did a system restore to before that & it made no difference

I'm running

Vista64 & Norton 2007

Do you guys have the same programs (I remember a Norton update that caused a conflict with CoD1 ages ago)

User Info: REDMECHS

REDMECHS
9 years ago#5
ive started having the same problem for the past 2 days and as far as i know, ive changed no setttings or anything, help we get the answer soon :<
Oblitorator/lv161/RAmar/Whitill/ONLINE!/100%Legit/750+HR's

User Info: darksleuth

darksleuth
9 years ago#6

For no reason it came back on tonight...which is good:)

User Info: GC_Penguin

GC_Penguin
9 years ago#7
When I get this, restarting the game has solved it.
www.darkpenguin929.deviantart.com

User Info: ashr4f

ashr4f
9 years ago#8
i get that too sometimes...it turns out when i open my task manager..the process svchost.exe was taking so much ram due to heavy internet activity..but after i restart my comp..things get back to normal..

User Info: slicer27

slicer27
9 years ago#9
Hey,

I am also having this same problem, I have not been able to get a server listing for 2 days, can't connect via ip as I get the 'Awaiting key co....' and then times out. I bought and built a new PC and thought it maybe something to do with that but it looks like its happening to too many people for it to be a coincidence. I never had this problem on my old machine.

Hope we find a fix soon.

User Info: _x_Phoenix_x_

_x_Phoenix_x_
9 years ago#10
played fine yesterday, not working today. i think its a cod4 problem, not a client prob.
Over & Over & Over & Over & Over, Like A Monkey With A Minature Cymbal.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  3. COD4 problem awaiting keycode authorization

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived