Different Battle Screens?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Corrupt_Power

Corrupt_Power
8 years ago#1
Ok, so I have a battle screen that looks how you usually see it in screenshots and such:
http://www.gamerbytes.com/puzzle-quest-xbla-screenshot1.jpg

But my friend has a rather different looking one:
http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/revpics2/PuzzleQuestWii/PuzzleQuestWiiC.jpg

What's up with that? I don't believe he had the expansion the first time he saw it, so I don't think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
www.freewebs.com/ghhoste/
If you can't beat 'em, get a bigger stick and beat 'em harder.

Corrupt_Power
8 years ago#2
And yeah, I know that bottom screen is from the Wii version, but that is still how his looks on his 360.
www.freewebs.com/ghhoste/
If you can't beat 'em, get a bigger stick and beat 'em harder.

User Info: A1Major

A1Major
7 years ago#3
It's his screen settings or his TV, since I was playing on a standard crt tv and that's what mine looked like. I went and bought a LCD TV and the layout changed, apart from that I have no idea.
you look at me like "poor bastard
why cant you manipulate billboards with all your metaphor magic?"

User Info: Shadowmonk9

Shadowmonk9
7 years ago#4
i noticed mine changed when i changed my aspect ratio to widescreen
By the way am i trolling? because i'm placing an opinion and gamefaqs is like a Communist country ---mister_mic

Corrupt_Power
7 years ago#5
Ah, so it's aspect ratio, then. Makes sense, he is playing on a 4:3 TV. Thanks guys, this has been bugging me.
---
You are approached by a frenzied vault scientist who yells "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

User Info: lolnotlolnotlol

lolnotlolnotlol
7 years ago#6
It's HD on the top screen, not HD on the bottom screen. I played this game on a TV for a few hours, realized it was an HDTV, hooked up the HD, and the screen changed to the top one.

User Info: tensaichi

tensaichi
7 years ago#7
HD doesn't matter, it only changes when you change the aspect ratio from 4:3 to 16:9.
XBL - Radical Ted / PSN - RadicalTed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived