Any word on PSN/Vita release of SE and FD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. Any word on PSN/Vita release of SE and FD?

User Info: genodragon1

genodragon1
3 years ago#1
tl;dr: Like title says, anyone hear about a PSN or Vita release of Second Evolution and First Departure? Because I didn't get definitive answers when I called Sony and Square-Enix.

non-tl;dr:

I noticed that on the Playstation official site that both Second Evolution and First Departure are "out" for the Vita. Which is entirely false- so I called up Sony themselves. I got an answer along the lines of "it's coming out soon, but we're not sure when". Which I understand- they're producers, and only one side of this. My next instinct was to call Tri-Ace, but apparently they're only releasing contact information regarding job opportunities, so... I figured it'd be inappropriate to call on that line. Where to go next?

Square-Enix. I called them up, and got a similar "it's coming out soon, but we're not sure when" from them as well. Disappointing, but I doubted from the Playstation call that the answer would be much different, but hey- gotta cover your bases.

I love this series very much, even when I'm frustrated by it (lookin at you, English dub of Last Hope), and Star Ocean: The Second Story is quite possibly one of my favorite RPG's I've ever played. Like my Mega Man Legends games, like Beyond Good & Evil, Bully, Silent Hills games, KOTOR, Clock Tower: The Spirits Within, and other treasured games, I come back to them every once in a while, like one would a good book or movie. I'd gladly pay for these games (especially since First Departure, I just don't want to pay for another PSP to play them on, nor do I feel like buying a PSP somethingoranother to transfer the data to my Vita.
"Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not create it" - Edward de Bono

User Info: VeghEsther

VeghEsther
3 years ago#2
No I haven't and its unlikely to ever happen just like how I would like the crappy PS1 version of Tales of Destiny to get a PSN release and that's never going to happen either.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Second Evolution
  3. Any word on PSN/Vita release of SE and FD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived