Achievement Guide - (Better explanation)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Condemned 2: Bloodshot
  3. Achievement Guide - (Better explanation)

User Info: joyce_181502

joyce_181502
9 years ago#81
Dev Challenge == Hard Mode

To use the Scanner push or tap X, then hold A to make the red light come on. If the red light is shining on a Head Cooler, you will see the scanning bar increase on your scanner. The cooler closes when the scan is completed. There are two coolers: one red, one green. The bars on the scanner indicate how close you are to them. When the number reaches 100, the cooler is at your feet.

If the scan meters are going crazy, then either someone has placed an emitter nearby OR somebody is nearby holding one. An emitter makes a whining noise, appear as reddish circles stuck to walls/ceilings/floors, and can be destroyed by being shot at, struck by a weapon, or throwing (push RightBumper) a weapon at them. Once destroyed, the noise goes away and your scanner reverts to normal.

User Info: getLifted

getLifted
9 years ago#82
An easy way to get the MP Overachiever is to host a Bum Rush game with 1 round and about 3 minutes (Bumback Alley is a good map to us e since there are some decent places for SCU to hide). If you stay alive as SCU, you should be able to get at least 15 kills with the Assault Rifle (1-2 shots kills) and get the achievement.

Can anybody confirm this? Because I thought in the achievement description it says it has to be done in Deathmatch. If this is true, I'll try for the 1000/1000. I gave up on it because of this one. I don't boost my achievements and for me that would probably be the only way to attain it (if it's supposed to be done in deathmatch only).

The Story is in the Soul, Keep your Ear to the Ground

User Info: getLifted

getLifted
9 years ago#83
MP Overachiever - Win a DM match (with at least 15 kills) without dying

See....... doesn't DM mean DeathMatch, which would mean you have to do it on that mode and not Bum Rush?
The Story is in the Soul, Keep your Ear to the Ground
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/PlatypusPincher.png
It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. You take away everything he was, and everything he ever will be.

User Info: Minamu

Minamu
9 years ago#85
I have all but 3 achievements now & I have some tips for you guys :) For "Magellan", just start a player match (death match) & invite 1 friend. Set the score limit to 1 point. Hit your friend once & you win. You don't even have to kill him! If you make the game 5 rounds long, simply restart on a different map & you'll have it within a few minutes. You can do the same thing with "A La Mode" as well.

For the "Restraint... not", simply host a Crime Scene game (Ranked!), thus ending up on the right team every time & tell a friend what to search for & wait for 2 more people (4 people is the minimum to get started) or simply tell 3 friends if you have it. I usually just throw my weapon away or give it to a team mate & run to the boxes. Simply win 2 5 rounds matches & you'll get it.

The "Defender" achievement can be done in a similar way. Just tell a friend to host a game & invite you & let him be killed 10 times while scanning. Takes maybe 10 minutes this way.

I thought the "MP Overachiever" would be a real pain in the ass to get but it's not! Actually, it's one of the easiest points you can make. Host a normal player match (death match) & invite 1 friend (make sure to put the server to 2 people maximum with 1 private slot). Killing him 15 times will take less than 5 minutes guaranteed. Make it a 2 round match if you want to be friendly & help your friend as well.

This is how I got them personally.
"Reborn in the flames & ashes like a Phoenix"
Alec would you be willing to help me out with some of those achievements?

User Info: Minamu

Minamu
9 years ago#87
Sure :) My GT is Minamu.
"Reborn in the flames & ashes like a Phoenix"
Thanks, I added you. Hopefully we are both on soon to do them up :).

joyce_181502
9 years ago#89
The multiplayer is fun enough that you don't need to boost achievements.

If you want to get the "Serial Killer" achievement of 1000 kills, you'll probably get all the other online achievements well beforehand. You'll probably even get "The Plumber" and "Anger Management" achievements online before you reach 1000 kills.

joyce_181502
9 years ago#90
getLifted -- I don't know about the DM thing but 1) it says I have it and 2) I only play Bum Rush or Crime Scene games.
  1. Boards
  2. Condemned 2: Bloodshot
  3. Achievement Guide - (Better explanation)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.