Game won't work

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: a401

a401
8 years ago#1

I just got the Bon Voyage package a few days ago. It has worked fine, but now every time I try to run Sims, a box comes up saying, "The Sims 2 is already running!". It is obviously not running. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall the game because that will delete all my files. Any suggestions?

User Info: a401

a401
8 years ago#2
p.s. I downloaded the patch but the patch won't run. It also says, "make sure the Sims 2 is not running before you use the patch".

User Info: Jeni

Jeni
8 years ago#3
First, check your task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and make sure The Sims 2 and the process Sims2EP6.exe aren't running. If you have FreeTime make sure the process Sims2EP7.exe isn't running. End the process if it is running. Those instructions are for Windows XP - I don't know how to do that on Vista.

Uninstalling and reinstalling, which only should be done as a last resort, won't get rid of your saved games if you make a back up first. If you made a back up before installing Bon Voyage (like the installer strongly suggests) then do the same thing again. If you didn't make a back up then if you care about your neighbourhoods you should make a back up very so often and always always make a back up before installing a new expansion pack. This guide explains how to make a back up: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Back_Ups
4 8 15 16 23 42

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived