Any 3rd party apps for LAN support?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Any 3rd party apps for LAN support?

User Info: Maxpowers_32

Maxpowers_32
6 years ago#1

I haven't played PC games in years but would love to play starcraft 2 multiplayer with my family. The original was awesome and I just played it again and would like to play the sequal. Without LAN support though, how am I supposed to play with the 4 of us in the house?

I have almost no desire to play against people online and really don't want my stats monitored or anything. All I want it to play the multiplayer with the people in my house. Also, I have very unreliable internet even though I have the house networked so I was wondering if there will be a LAN patch released by a 3rd party that I can use if I buy the game. If not there is no way I'm buying 4 copies of a game to play it inside my house.

User Info: silly_z45

silly_z45
6 years ago#2
users always find a way, and for a game as big as starcraft your dream will happen

User Info: kingmanic

kingmanic
6 years ago#3
the LAN option was the way most of the pirates rigged up online so they excluded it. I suppose you could blame the pirates. A 3rd party now has a bigger job to do because they have to crack the netcode to dial into a 3rd party server instead of the smaller job of simulating a LAN via the internet.

They'll probably layer a lot protection into it so don't expect a solution for a while and don't expect it to be very simple. Blizzard will also be actively looking out for this so expect any solution to be litigated and coded out of existence.

I think you may be better off with improving your connection. You have multiple computers that are new enough to play SC so a switch to a decent broadband option should be affordable.

Due to the internet the LAN option is not that popular and is the primary vector for pirated multiplayer so it make business sense. I heard CNC4 did nto have a LAN option either. If Blizz/Activision is nice they will allow single key multiplayer on bent (allow a single key to spawn copies and play the people with the same key).
File Not found, would you like me to fake it [Y/N]
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Any 3rd party apps for LAN support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived