The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Help with Offline Play

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Artanius

Artanius
6 years ago#1

Hey All

I have recently moved and don't have a home Internet connection yet. Besides my job will put me in remote areas often where Internet will not always be available. I have my laptop at the office with me so I could install and activate my game. But when i unplug it from the Internet and try to play single player i get the message saying

1) "Can't connect to battle.net" and my options are "play offline" and "ok". So I push play offline and I get

2)"offline play authorization required" "to enable offline play, connect to b.net to authorize your game client. you also need at least one Sc2 character on the account"

I have played a 1v1 match already (and lost), and I started the first mission, so I know that everything is authorized. What is my next step?

thanks

User Info: ibeshark

ibeshark
6 years ago#2
You have to be connected to the internet to authorize the game at least one time, after that you can play offline as much as you want.
PSN: rbr8299
MSN: lewlzorz@live.com

Artanius
6 years ago#3

There should be a post above But I can't see it...

User Info: kerlix

kerlix
6 years ago#4
You have to be connected to the internet to authorize the game at least one time, after that you can play offline as much as you want
PSN: Drucifer69
"I Survived The ApocalyPS3 2/28/10"

Artanius
6 years ago#5
I guess I should ask how to authorize my game then? I thought I did that already.

Artanius
6 years ago#6

So i guess even if you log in to your b.net then load a guest and un plug you stillget booted. Dose anyone know a way around this?

Artanius
6 years ago#7
bumb

User Info: Theshamen

Theshamen
6 years ago#8
Have you been playing as guest? Or did you make your BATTLE.net account?
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18601080710&sid=1
12/21/08

Artanius
6 years ago#9
I have made a b.net account, I also played a 1vs1 ,and the first 2 missions at my office during lunch. If I load my mission before I leave I can finish it once i get home offline but the second it is finished I get an error telling me that i do not have the right language pack and then I get booted back to the log in screen. If I try to play as a guest while not connected to the internet It tells me that my client is not authorized for offline play

User Info: KP_Maker

KP_Maker
6 years ago#10

I get something like this too, and it blows my mind that I cannot get any help from any of the forums online. Not to be critical, some of you guys rock for trying, but man it blows my mind how much trouble a single PC game can be.

I can play Skirmish, challenges, and MP but cannot play the SP campaign. I just paid $60 for this too.

The actual message I get is as follows:

"Your Starcraft 2 account does not have access to the single player features. If you would like to access the SC 2 campaign, challenges, and single player custom games, you must purchase the full version of SC 2."

Then it states I "Need an authorized language pack" and jumps me back out to the log in screen.

Also when I attempt to play offline, it also tells me to enable offline play, go to battle.net. Yet I cannot find anything on BNet to enable this.

Ty to anyone that is able to help, greatly appreciate it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived