Free 2 play??? Starting when?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Free 2 play??? Starting when?

User Info: JCtheArchangel

JCtheArchangel
2 months ago#1
Saw the youtube vid. All Coop chars free to level 5, nice, nice. What about campaign modes? Anyone know when free to play mode starts?
best novels ever: Demon Wars Saga, Renouncer of the Flame, Game of Thrones, Dark Elf Trilogy

User Info: FutaiNoKiwami

FutaiNoKiwami
2 months ago#2
14th is what I've heard, as well as if you already own WIngs of Liberty you get Heart of the Swarm free Instead.
PSN:KaminaSoul
3DS FC:3411-4073-7332

User Info: JCtheArchangel

JCtheArchangel
2 months ago#3
What if you already have all three? ...Or what if you bought all 3 on release day...?
best novels ever: Demon Wars Saga, Renouncer of the Flame, Game of Thrones, Dark Elf Trilogy

User Info: NejiHyuga900

NejiHyuga900
2 months ago#4
The 4.0.0 update is out. Wings of Liberty is now free. :D
Xbox/Windows Gamertag and Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
PSN and Steam: NejiHyuga900

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
2 months ago#5
NejiHyuga900 posted...
The 4.0.0 update is out. Wings of Liberty is now free. :D

And the rest of the games doubled in price for some reason :D I got Wings with the intention of buying HOTS and LOTV, and now I don't want them because their price nearly doubled for no reason.
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: Master_Pwner

Master_Pwner
2 months ago#6
I know! I only had LOTV left to buy, now I'm just never going to shell out 40$ for a single campaign =/.

Oh well, at least it got several of my friends back in the game so I can't complain too much.
GLACIER FTW
Coq

User Info: xsdarknesssx

xsdarknesssx
2 months ago#7
According to the website, you get HOTS free if you have WOL and its $15 each for the other 2 or $40 for everything. but they do not specify if the $15 prices are just the campaign or if other commanders are included as well.

User Info: Master_Pwner

Master_Pwner
2 months ago#8
xsdarknesssx posted...
According to the website, you get HOTS free if you have WOL and its $15 each for the other 2 or $40 for everything. but they do not specify if the $15 prices are just the campaign or if other commanders are included as well.

Where do you see you can buy LOTV for 15$ if you have HoTS? All I see is a 50$ tag for the whole thing, nothing else.
GLACIER FTW
Coq

User Info: xsdarknesssx

xsdarknesssx
2 months ago#9
Master_Pwner posted...
xsdarknesssx posted...

Where do you see you can buy LOTV for 15$ if you have HoTS? All I see is a 50$ tag for the whole thing, nothing else.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/21173629/starcraft-ii-going-free-to-play-explained-11-3-2017

Its the second to last paragraph between all of the bullet point stuff and the picture of the ghost skin, like I said before though I am not sure if that is just the campaigns or if it includes some of the other commanders too. But i guess if you have HOTS already and you have more than the first 3 commanders than you would know (my acc needs to be recovered due to resetting my phone without turning off authentication and not got around to it). Also I am not sure if anything changed between that post and release i didn't look very hard into it.

User Info: Kuro-chan_101

Kuro-chan_101
1 month ago#10
You have access to the first three commanders if you do not have LotV. If you do, you get the next four. The rest are pay-to-play to get them above level 5.

I didn't have LotV for the longest time, so I built up a lot of experience with the first three, especially Kerrigan.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYpKlIc_fg <- Everything you need to know about DLC nonsense.
- 8th gen. Game Consoles = Anti-consumer. Boycott, today!
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
  3. Free 2 play??? Starting when?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived