Can somebody explain how the toughness perk works?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Can somebody explain how the toughness perk works?

User Info: wpninja

wpninja
8 years ago#1
The in game explanation has me a little confused.
Cant we all just hit a bong?

User Info: Nasada19

Nasada19
8 years ago#2
Say something did 100 damage to you. After you take the perk it would only do 90 damage to you. And even if that's not exactly right, it's still a very good perk and I'm pretty sure everyone would take it regardless of character build.

User Info: hauntbot

hauntbot
8 years ago#3
>_>

whats confusing about it? it works the exact same way as armor. are you confused by how armor works?
It's weird. I used to be Protestant but after 3 hours of playing Fallout 3 I now drink goat blood and nun urine martinis.-TerminusEST

User Info: wpninja

wpninja
8 years ago#4
Thanks for the reply. Its just I did not know what to make of this part explained- to the normal
maximum of 85.
Cant we all just hit a bong?

User Info: SinisterSamurai

SinisterSamurai
8 years ago#5
Damage Resistance (and Rad Resistance) are based on a percentage decrease. Both of those stats cap-out at 85% to ensure that you can still take damage and rad damage regardless of equipment or build.

Toughness will grant a passive bonus of 10% that will always be active. You still cannot, however, exceed the 85% cap.

In other words: If you use Heavy Armor, this perk may be wasted by end game.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Can somebody explain how the toughness perk works?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived