The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Best car for like the wind?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Best car for like the wind?

User Info: killertrumpet92

killertrumpet92
6 years ago#1

Ok so I am LV. 24 A-apec and I cant beat like the wind with any of my cars. I thought that my veyron would do the trick but I was still getting past like crazy. I dont really have any race cars right now so that may be the problem. Now I do have 1.5 mill saved up ( Ive been doing alot of seasonal events, bought expensive cars that suck lol) so can anyone suggest me a good car for like the wind and some of the other extreme series races?

User Info: e46

e46
6 years ago#2
save up some more money and buy the formula gran turismo, you're going to need it later on anyway.

User Info: Nij99

Nij99
6 years ago#3

You will need a race car. Some people say a race modded corvette Z01 will do the trick or the Mazda Furai from Bspec Roadster lvl5 race. Personally I used the Sauber C9 to demolish the competition. This and the FGT event are the only extreme events that might cause some difficulty if any

User Info: KiwiBerry

KiwiBerry
6 years ago#4
Corvette ZR1 -> race mod -> buy all upgrades -> ??? -> PROFIT!

Alternatively you can get a Mazda FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUrai from the B-spec Roadster event/Online Used Car Dealership.
PSN: TakatsukiYayoi

User Info: Marmotas

Marmotas
6 years ago#5

I managed to beat it with a GT40 '05.

1st race is just fine, dont make mistakes and you will make it.

2nd race, you will have to open the transmision a lot, and slipstream good, because the competition can demolish you if make 1 mistake. I beated this for 1 or 2 secs only.

User Info: killertrumpet92

killertrumpet92
6 years ago#6

OK so I bought the ZR1 and RM'ed it. So do you have any suggested tuneings for it?

User Info: LolzProNess

LolzProNess
6 years ago#7
suspension low and downforce high?
PSN: lolCR7

User Info: KiwiBerry

KiwiBerry
6 years ago#8
downforce at 30/45 front/rear
leave the suspension alone
transmission top speed 230-ish
PSN: TakatsukiYayoi

User Info: BilliePilgrim

BilliePilgrim
6 years ago#9
FGT. all of a sudden, like the wind and every other race becomes hilarious.
92% of people have turned to statistics. If you're one of the 8% that hasn't, put this in your sig.

User Info: bpeps

bpeps
6 years ago#10
I took it with a VW Golf. You just gotta box them out with your car, smash them into the wall when you get the chance, and don't make any mistakes.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Best car for like the wind?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived