The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Experience meter in B-spec driver

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Experience meter in B-spec driver

User Info: xxxbone02

xxxbone02
6 years ago#1

How come the experience meter doesn't move on my b-spec driver when he levels up? What makes it move? All the other meters move a little after he levels up.

User Info: BloodyBooger

BloodyBooger
6 years ago#2
just put him in more races, it'll build up.
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson

User Info: blakcvy03

blakcvy03
6 years ago#3
That goes by race days. From PS3Trophies, other sources welcome:

"Each B-Spec driver reaches the peak of their career at 500 B-Spec days. At this point you will get the trophy and their skills will start to deteriorate a lot faster. To keep an eye on this, you can go to the driver line-up screen (Helmet icon on the GT Life screen). What you want to look at is his career (PAL)/ experience (NTSC) bar. When that reaches 100%, this trophy will unlock. As mentioned, a B-Spec driver reaches his full potential when he has had a 500 day long career. The only way to advance days in B-Spec is to race B-Spec races in career mode."
I like GT5 AND Forza 3 :o

User Info: Colif

Colif
6 years ago#4
And if you have more than 2 drivers, you can set one to "share with friends" it stops the career/experience (why 2 names for same thing, stupid devs) line from growing and also freezes their mood. Useful, as I have a lvl 40 whose career line only just reaches the end of Car in the heading... not even 1/4 length.

I retired 5 drivers before reaching lvl 40. I wanted to ensure i didn't do it again.

If you grind a lot with several drivers, they can reach retirement much earlier than 40. My 2 went at lvl 26.
B Spec: Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6htalsy

User Info: blowseph

blowseph
6 years ago#5
Here's a tip: You want that experience meter to fill up slowly. That way your driver will last longer. The slower the better.
PSN: JohnSmallberries
GT5 MINIMAL BUYS GUIDE: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/941103-gran-turismo-5/faqs/61568

User Info: Triod

Triod
6 years ago#6
You know just because your driver hits his peak and gets a small drop in a few stats which ultimately don't affect anything in the first place, doesn't mean he becomes unusable.

User Info: Colif

Colif
6 years ago#7
Perhaps, but the drivers of mine that reached their peak tended to have an orange mood/energy arrow almost constantly, so it was a choice of use a driver that has less strength/speed than before and who doesn't really try to win either, or make a new one who will try for at least 8 or so races before going orange (they seem to at least get to lvl 5 before turning orange the 1st time). And if you use max experience giving races, its really easy to get to a high lvl in a short time (even before you get the 2 24 hour endurances), so i didn't miss my retired drivers for long.
B Spec: Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6htalsy
  1. Boards
  2. Gran Turismo 5
  3. Experience meter in B-spec driver

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived