Looking for reliable way to get David/Agamemnon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
  3. Looking for reliable way to get David/Agamemnon

User Info: Ranilin

Ranilin
8 years ago#1
Having only two Leaders in the entire list of Great People is a bit unfair, imo, but I would like to exploit this of course. Creating Elite Armies with 3 different Elite upgrades is sickening. Loyalty, Leadership, and Engineer for defensive armies? Throw in a palace city on a hill with a wall.. maybe a general too?
Hill: 50
General: 50
Palace: 50
Veteran: 50
Loyalty: 50
Leadership: 100
Engineer: 100
Wall: 100
Fortified: 100

That's plus 650% to defensive stat, theoretically, and I would like to test if it actually works. I had David in one game, but didn't think to try this then. I doubt getting the palace on a hill usually not much need for it, and a great general can be hard to come by. Yet I do know having blitz, infiltrate, and medic all worked in the same Elite army, but only one of those actually affects combat statistics. Is there a limit to how many modifiers can be applied, or how much they can modify to?
"Honor is integrity with a moral dimension." -Haplo, Death Gate Cycle
"I am a leaf on the wind.. watch how I soa--" (dies)

User Info: zenandi

zenandi
8 years ago#2
If you want David, start with English and wait for your first great person without researching anything but Bronze (or is it Iron?) Working (for Agamennon). You will have a better chance than most to get a Great Leader.

Don't know about the Math, won't be surprised if they all stacked.

User Info: Marvel_Man

Marvel_Man
8 years ago#3
Game of the week on Deity

The Ai always has Great Leaders (all of them). Every week I make it a point to get spies out to their capitols and steal them before they build their own spy defenses.
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
  3. Looking for reliable way to get David/Agamemnon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived