Boots of the Crusader

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Neji_sensei

Neji_sensei
9 years ago#1
Hello, I've been receiving some problem in which I can't equip the Crusader Boots, even though I can equip the other crusader relics I own (Helmet, Cuirass, and Gauntlet). This occured after I finished the quest "Through A Nightmare, Darkly" in Bravil. I currently have 57 fame and 0 infamy. When I try to equip it all it says is that I can't equip this enchanted item. I really want the ability from it, so is there a way to solve this or is this an evil bug in the game that can't be fixed.

User Info: v1valab8m

v1valab8m
9 years ago#2
Equip a different set of boots and try re equipping the crusader's boots.
Proud owner of an 80010514 ps3.
OBLIVION ACHIEVEMENTS: Total Time: 776:55:21 Quests: 208 Items Stolen: 1228872823 Skill Increases: 6655

User Info: v1valab8m

v1valab8m
9 years ago#3
This is what happened to you. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Glitches#Permanent_Effects_from_Quest_Items
If this happens with any item other than a ring, equipping a different item (boots) will negate the effect. Or reload a save before you did the quest, and make sure you remove the boots before you enter the dreamworld.
Proud owner of an 80010514 ps3.
OBLIVION ACHIEVEMENTS: Total Time: 776:55:21 Quests: 208 Items Stolen: 1228872823 Skill Increases: 6655

User Info: Neji_sensei

Neji_sensei
9 years ago#4
Thanks, for the help.

User Info: Kyuubi11

Kyuubi11
9 years ago#5
I have the exact same problem , but equipping different boots and re-equipping does nothing and I have no save games before the glitch occured.
Basically, he was like Charade, but with ADHD. And overpowered.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived