Love child of Link and Raziel???

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders
  3. Love child of Link and Raziel???

User Info: onoblej

onoblej
4 years ago#1
Just got this game to run through it quickly because I saw the ads for DS2 and it looks awesome.

Since I didnt want to start in the middle of the story, I went out and bought this the day i did my pre-order for DS2.

My opinion...

Not bad! i actually like this game. The board is hilarious with how often the Zelda comparison gets brought up too. There was one topic from a while back that I kind of have to agree with though.

While its obvious through a million little things & about 10 big ones that Zelda was a HUGE inspiration for this game, I still get way more of a Soul Reaver vibe from the story and presentation.

Dark story about someone who fell from a high position. Elder gods. End of the world. The voice acting... Even the animation on War's glide looks like Raziel's. Some of the icons for abilities bear more than a passing resemblance to the ones in Lok:SR.

The original LoK was an awesome game and the fact that the sequal sucked a** after all the time I waited to play it was a bummer. This is what LoK:SR should have been...

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
4 years ago#2
I'm glad you said that. I love this game, but I can't deny that it takes a heavy amount of inspiration from other games. Every one says it is like Zelda, but when I played the game, I felt it was closer to Soul Reaver than Zelda.
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders
  3. Love child of Link and Raziel???

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived