Information on how to Achieve a Star Rank - Version 1.0

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Wii
  3. Information on how to Achieve a Star Rank - Version 1.0

User Info: thefire33

thefire33
5 years ago#251
i think time spent in first is a big part of it, even when i do no critical errors i get 1-2 stars, i noticed i only get 3 stars when im in 1st for most of the race, and dont mess up often.

also i noticed that the COMs use lots of red and blue shells, and stay close behind you so when your hit you fall back pritty far.
Mkw fc: 3310-6011-6001
Mkw name: Ricky

thefire33
5 years ago#252
ok so for 50cc you must have to do it extreamly perfect, cuz i did it with no errors, always in first, and finished half a lap ahead of 2nd place almost laping 12th place. and i got 2 stars! this happened 2 different times too. how much more better do i have to do?

User Info: hewful

hewful
5 years ago#253
thefire33 posted...
ok so for 50cc you must have to do it extreamly perfect, cuz i did it with no errors, always in first, and finished half a lap ahead of 2nd place almost laping 12th place. and i got 2 stars!

lol That happened to me on 50cc too.

I'm trying to get 3 stars in the 150cc Banana Cup. I've done it four times in row, but I can only get 2 stars. Does offroading count against you in the GBA Shy Guy Beach course?
MKW FC|1206-0030-7431 (Ingrid B., Shania T., J. Austen, Marilyn M.)
Deuteronomy 6:5~Leviticus 19:18~Favorite Song: Dangerous Prayer by Kathleen Carnali

thefire33
5 years ago#254
hewful posted...
lol That happened to me on 50cc too.

I'm trying to get 3 stars in the 150cc Banana Cup. I've done it four times in row, but I can only get 2 stars. Does offroading count against you in the GBA Shy Guy Beach course?

I was wondering about that too, i think going into the water without a boost counts as off-road. and probabally counts aginst you.

User Info: hewful

hewful
5 years ago#255
thefire33 posted...
I was wondering about that too, i think going into the water without a boost counts as off-road. and probabally counts aginst you.

If it does count against you, that is ridiculous. I was getting 60 points easily in that cup and obliterating the com characters on that course, but wasn't obtaining 3 stars. Then I stayed on the road more in that course...and of course they give me 3 stars, even though I didn't do as good. lol
MKW FC|1206-0030-7431 (Ingrid B., Shania T., J. Austen, Marilyn M.)
Deuteronomy 6:5~Leviticus 19:18~Favorite Song: Dangerous Prayer by Kathleen Carnali

User Info: jdaster64

jdaster64
5 years ago#256
I wish Wii's method of determining rank were as cut-and-dry as DS's. The other day I finished a slightly-better-than-average run through the Wii's first three Special Cup courses on 150cc, then on Rainbow Road, hit the left wall on that weird-angled jump and ended up going BACKWARDS, hitting one or two Dash Panels, to boot. Inexplicably, I still got a triple-star ranking.
Twilight Trail badge-grinding battles: 765
Badges: Last Stand (not kept), Happy Flower, Charge, Charge P

User Info: Bijutsu_Sensei

Bijutsu_Sensei
5 years ago#257
I have three licenses with Triple Stars. In my personal experience, I think it's really just your time. You can finish way ahead of the CPUs but that may not be a great indicator as to your personal time; it may mean the CPUs were just busy messing with each other. Practice the Grand Prix courses in Time Trial mode and it will be easier to get a faster time.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how much time or what time you need to achieve. You should probably still avoid obstacles, falling into pits, off-roading, item hits, and being squished by giant players or traffic, but just because they all seriously eat up your time. The smoothness of a run is not always up to you, simply because sometimes the CPUs focus on you.

Be patient, be a fast racer, run the course smoothly, and always place in first.

User Info: crazyisgood

crazyisgood
4 years ago#258
good info here`
Save My Female Character Day 63 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/62111591

User Info: Catacombninja

Catacombninja
4 years ago#259
Bijutsu_Sensei posted...
I have three licenses with Triple Stars. In my personal experience, I think it's really just your time. You can finish way ahead of the CPUs but that may not be a great indicator as to your personal time; it may mean the CPUs were just busy messing with each other. Practice the Grand Prix courses in Time Trial mode and it will be easier to get a faster time.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how much time or what time you need to achieve. You should probably still avoid obstacles, falling into pits, off-roading, item hits, and being squished by giant players or traffic, but just because they all seriously eat up your time. The smoothness of a run is not always up to you, simply because sometimes the CPUs focus on you.

Be patient, be a fast racer, run the course smoothly, and always place in first.

That comment should just be the short FAQ :D
Mario Kart Wii FC: 0261-4664-3445
Wii FC: 3537-5565-7140-9362

User Info: prsflnt

prsflnt
4 years ago#260
I have 1 2 and 3 stars on different cups but mostly 3. Do I have a star in my name because I never see one, so I thought, maybe its just the people who can see it...?
BURRO EXPRESS - "When it absolutely doesn't have to be there overnight!"
  1. Boards
  2. Mario Kart Wii
  3. Information on how to Achieve a Star Rank - Version 1.0

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.